• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Page turning software - i.e. flip album

Share/Bookmark

OT: Page turning software - i.e. flip album

Hi all,

I thought this could be a great place to ask this question!

I am getting married (woohoo!) in about 2 months time and I am preparing a special item on the wedding night that no one knows about (except you guys!).

Its basically a collection of photos of my fiancee and myself projected on a screen with music in the background, which I will be writing using GPO and GOS. I would like to scroll through the photos using a book turning effect (rather than powerpoint). Something like the start of the move Shrek where the camera zooms in on a book, which then opens and pages flips to reveal the story. One software I found is flipalbum (http://www.flipalbum.com/), which after downloading the trial version doesn't seem to do what I want it to do (i.e. I cant adjust the time a page stays open before being flipped).

Just wondering if any of you know how to create such an effect, and what software do you use or know of or can recommend?

Many thanks!

meeehoon

Re: OT: Page turning software - i.e. flip album

Could be done in Flash. Just need the animation for the page turning. Music integration wouldn't be an issue or would navigational abilities. And it would be attainable off the internet and quite easily read by most computers. Flash would be my system of choice. Of course, it aint the friendliest software to use. I don't know if you'll get what you want without having to do the majority of the work yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by meeehoon
    (rather than powerpoint)
    Joseph's probably right about you having to do most of the work yourself if you want something specific and custom. However, before you dismiss powerpoint (an easy to obtain solution) out of hand, you might consider looking into their animations for page transitions. Although they don't have a stock "page turning" effect, you might be able to create one yourself within that context. Or, alternatively, I'd guess there's a very big community of people on the Internet who use powerpoint, and you might find someone out there with some animation effects that you'd like, or who would be willing to create them for you.

The reason I promote a power point solution is that it's everywhere, hence there's a higher possibility of finding animated transitions that match your needs than with a less popular package.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Never thought about PowerPoint, good idea.

Smile Re: OT: Page turning software - i.e. flip album

I found this program a couple of months ago and it is very nice. You just tell it what directory your pictures are in and it creates a stand alone book on the desktop that you can flip through. You can customize backgrounds and book covers and if the the page turning is automatic or with the mouse.

It isn't just books. It has all kinds of photo presentations. It also creates screen savers. I convert the projects to AVI and burn them to DVD for family and friends.

http://www.3d-album.com/demo.html

Good luck
    John

Thanks guys!!! I will look into them... The PicturePro looks very good though!!!

meeehoon

Go Back to forum