• Register
  • Help

Topic: UH OH! Need some help with install

Share/Bookmark

UH OH! Need some help with install

Hey gang! I have been fighting with my giga PC for over a year, and finally decided to trash it and start from scratch. Well I had GPO installed on it and I copied everything over to another drive and then moved it back over when I started fresh, but it would not run correctly. I re regesterd it, and also reintalled GPO but now when I go to load the player I get an error saying it can not find content folder, then it opens up a window to choose the path, everything looks like it's there and I cancel out of it and it opens the player to set up the routing and what not (by the way, I'm new to this system choosing input/outputs is it ok to have more than one checked, or do I only have 1? Such as the controller, the usb driver, and the audio card) and then there are no intruments listed in the drop down box. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!

Seth
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Re: UH OH! Need some help with install

Check this thread...

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25573

Also, let it find the samples the next time it asks to do a search as this may solve the problem as well.

Did your drive letters change when you moved the drive? If so you may need to edit the registry as shown above in the linked thread.

well I tried letting them find the files, but it keeps saying that there is no suitable content in that folder. They were origanaly on the C: drive, i copied the file to my E: drive, and then replaced them back onto the C: drive, I'll double check and make sure somehow that did not get borked, although I'm manualy choosing C: drive for the files...

I'm still not having any luck, I try to open GPO and I get the error "no suitiable files are in this folder." inside my program folder for GPO everything is there though I double quadruple checked. I have let the program search for it self and also have manually chosen the folder to pick the GPO instruments from but it's not happening. Does anyone have any ideas? I have already uninstalled GPO and re installed, should I delete everything in that folder? I noticed that there are still files left in.

žeth,

The player likes to see the program and the content together on the same drive. There is a workaround. If you call or email me, I'll guide you through it.

Gary

Hi Gary, The library is on the same drive though, I just deleted everything and I'm starting completly fresh, if this does not work, I'll get in touch, thank you very much for the quick reply!

I re installed everything from scratch and I'm doing great now, thanks for the help

Go Back to forum