• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Tascam going to address patch changes?

Share/Bookmark

Is Tascam going to address patch changes?

I have updated to 3.01, and read the addressed issues. I have also read the known issues released by Tascam following 3.01.

There is no mention of the issue with patch changes???

My rig is completely out of commission...whenever I need to switch from a sus to a stac sample...the sus sample holds the last notes it was playing until the sample ends, or in a looped sample forever.

I am using Finale, as I also want accurate scores for everything, but there is no way I can think of to get around this issue. If I put in expressions with MIDI channel changes, how does Finale tell Gigastudio what instruments to be on the different channels. This also causes a pain in the butt for setting up Gigapulse or other effects if you are using 100+ channels of MIDI.

Would Bruce or someone related to Tascam please assure me that this issue will be solved immediatley????

Please??? I'm desperate.

Re: Is Tascam going to address patch changes?

I've run into this problem in Sonar as well. The solution is to set the duration of the previous note to be just a tick shorter. As long as the previous note ends one tick or more before the program change, it works fine.

In Sibelius I can define the duration of the notes for normal, staccato and tenuto cases. Hopefully you can do that in Finale as well. As long as nothing is over 99%, it should be fine.

Which is not to say that it's not a GS3 bug. It is, and will hopefully be fixed in the next round.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by saxophone4
    There is no mention of the issue with patch changes???

Would Bruce or someone related to Tascam please assure me that this issue will be solved immediatley????

Please??? I'm desperate.
    Software development does take some time. I assume most (if not all of the v3.01 bugs were identified before the official release).

Are you sure that someone has actually reported this problem to Tascam?

For people who have midi sequencing programs (like Sonar), this isn't that big of a problem. We can just clone another midi track.

I'm using GS3 with 2 Open Labs OMX64 systems live on tour. This patch change issue is a HUGE problem. Obviously there is no way to shorten the duration when playing live (except of course for playing notes shorter than their written duratrion). TASCAM please read this board!!!

Ack! That's deadly for live use.

Bruce, you're a live guy. Have you brought this to Tascam's attention?

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Kleven
    I'm using GS3 with 2 Open Labs OMX64 systems live on tour. This patch change issue is a HUGE problem. Obviously there is no way to shorten the duration when playing live (except of course for playing notes shorter than their written duratrion). TASCAM please read this board!!!
    You're using GS3 live already???!

Like living dangerously, by any chance?

Likely there is a bit of a ways to go for GS3 to mature. Once issues like smooth patch changes, as well as support for bank changes, are ironed out then we can all utilize the software in a greater capacity. The truth is there are enough issues in GS3 that Tascam should be able to provide bug/issue tracking numbers.

The bank/program change issue is where the bank that is changed to is the one that is previously asked for. To work around the issue, the user needs to be one bank change ahead of the game. For my individual purposes, this issue makes the software largely unuseable.

The issue reported on this thread looks to one of stuck notes related to program changes. One workaround: look at the VSL implementation of 'All Articultations' for the Viola or Violin ensemble gigs (on the install DVDs). Do the sus to stac change with a such a key switch, and avoid program changes in GS3.

Call Tascam support and/or email them, and do what you can (silence is for the lambs). Posting issues on this forum is good, in fact Tascam phone support may ask if you have looked to this forum.

Go Back to forum