• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Kerry's Consistent Stance on Iraq

Share/Bookmark

Kerry's Consistent Stance on Iraq

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    No matter how much the conservos try to spin Kerry's stance about supporting the use of force, here's what he ACTUALLY said at the time of his vote:

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/w...n%2024kpbs.mp3

And here's what Bush told the American people:

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/w...n%2024kpbs.mp3

Both were recorded in 2002, before the invasion.

Re: Kerry's Consistent Stance on Iraq

Im happy to see that you found those two clips.
    There are plenty of others as well.

So who is the "flip flopper" now?

Bush: No flip, all flop.

-JF

Great links. I wish these were publicized.

Yea - too bad that, as quoted in the NY Times today, Kerry feels terrorism should return to the level of being a "nuisance" like "prostitution" and "gambling". It just confirms my thoughts that he thinks of terrorism as a 'law enforcement' problem and not a military one.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

C'mon, Eric. Kerry was taken out of context. I know it. You know it. The Bush team knows it. But they're making a campaign ad out of it anyway.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ror/index.html

The article, a largely analytical cover story in the magazine, says the interviewer asked Kerry "what it would take for Americans to feel safe again."

''We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance,'' the article states as the Massachusetts senator's reply.

''As a former law enforcement person, I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life.''

If I may interpret... Kerry wants to fight terrorism and continue to fight terrorism. We will never elliminate it. Hopefully we will reduce it to the point that it no longer needs to be a central focus of our lives.

You do want a future in which terrorism isn't the central focus of our lives, don't you?

Of course, there are those in this world who profit highly from terrorism. Look at Putin's power grab after the school tragedy. Look at Bush post-911.

Never trust a man who profits from terrorism to try to reduce the root causes of terrorism. Sure, they will fight. They will cause suffering. But they will not work against the root causes. They will fan the flames. They will lead a campaign of fear. And they will say words like "Bring it on".

Bush wants terrorism to be the central focus of our lives.

Removing Bush from office will be an excellent step in the fight to reduce terrorism.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Yea - too bad that, as quoted in the NY Times today, Kerry feels terrorism should return to the level of being a "nuisance" like "prostitution" and "gambling". It just confirms my thoughts that he thinks of terrorism as a 'law enforcement' problem and not a military one.
    You know, this kind of b.s. really bugs me. It's one thing not to like the guy, not to like his politics, but do you REALLY have to completely misinterpret what he's said in order to make your point?

I'm very sorry that Kerry has proven to be consistent, has proven to be a man of nuance and careful thought and strength. That he is portraying this to the country is not good for your candidate.

But must you really LIE about his intent when you know very well what he meant?

That kind of desperation is not very becoming.

> "It just confirms my thoughts that he thinks of terrorism as a 'law enforcement' problem and not a military one."

It's both, depending upon the situation. Kerry's not stupid. He knows that.

Or are you saying that there is no law enforcement component? I could twist your words that way, but I won't.

I believe that you understand that some situations require military actions, others law enforcement actions and some require a combination.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Look at Putin's power grab after the school tragedy. Look at Bush post-911.

Removing Bush from office will be an excellent step in the fight to reduce terrorism.
    Wanting Bush out of office is perfectly legitimate, but you are sadly mistaken if you think mass murderers are going to suddenly change their ways if Kerry is elected.

You subscribe to the delusion that terrorism is somehow a response to grievances (real or imagined). In doing so you implicitly condone terrorist actions without even being aware of it.

I'm pretty sure you still haven't taken a look at www.pmw.co.il. The incitement you see there coming from the Palestinian Authority is but a drop in the bucket compared to the institutionalized hatred and calls for jihad that flourish in the Islamic world. And despite what you'd like to think, it didn't start with Bush.

Perhaps it was unintentional, but you certainly give the impression you find Putin's so-called "power grab" somehow more distasteful than the atrocity that preceded it.

As someone who, on any given day, passes the locations of perhaps a dozen terrorist attacks, take it from me :
    Terrorism is far more than a "nuisance." I'll take the gambling and prostitution. Anytime.

Hi Xanax,

I certainly don't think that terrorists will suddenly change their ways if Kerry is elected. It remains urgent that we deal with physical terrorism in the here and now. It's also extremely important that we work in a way that makes us respected in the long run. If we act in hatable ways (as Bush does - even many Americans hate his actions with fervor), then we will reap what we sew.

You tell me that terrorism is not a response to grievances. What is it then? It's not just insanity - the targets would then be random. They are not. The targets are very deliberate.

Please tell me your opinion of the root causes. I want defense from attacks today and ellimination for the motivation for attacks tomorrow.

I hadn't seen your reference to that link before. I'd like to check it out, but it isn't working for me tonight.

And please don't read into my words that I am less than horrified by the school tragedy. I'm a bit upset that you would judge me like that. Somehow we can't criticize those in power, unless we make our chest thumping anti-terrorist speeches.

Yes, it was horrid. And yes, Putin profited from the events. So can we trust Putin to really work to end terrorism? Or is the external enemy his tool? I don't know, but I trust no one who claims to want to end something that they benefit from. Sharon, Arafat, Putin and Bush included.

Power grabs are distasteful period. The sickness of the previous events don't change the taste in my mouth.

And I couldn't agree more that terrorism is far more than a nuissance - especially in Israel. My deepest regrets for all that you know who have been so touched.

Yes, we need to deal with terrorism in physical terms in the here and now. But we cannot lose sight of the long term during present times.

Please help me to better understand how to remove its underlying motivations. That's my goal. That terrorism would be reduced to the level of a nuissance would be wonderful indeed.

-JF

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast