• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPulse questions for the knowledgeable ones!

Share/Bookmark

GigaPulse questions for the knowledgeable ones!

Although it seems it should be pretty straight forward, and My GS3 is otherwise as stable as I think it should be at this point, I've had reason to wonder about the behaviour of my Giga Pulse Banks/Presets...

Could one of you well informed people respond to the following:

1- is it normal that when opening an instance of GigaPulse I should not be gettiing "presets" or "Banks" (one or the other)...but I am getting a pop up with a number of different rooms...(?) so I am getting to something, but Am unsure of what...

2- When setting up the GigaPulse settings page (two panels "Banks" and "Microphones" ), I am being somewhat confused as to where each destination folders should be found - or is it simply Gpulse folder for both?...Judging by the time it takes GPulse to find its thing when selected, that I should probably be a little more specific down the "tree"...

Please note: During installation of GS3, the default location GigaPulse decided to install into was different between the first install and the second (!)...(I have since then decided to assume that there had been a malfunction, as after my first install, as I was trying to move the GPulse folder to what I thought to be the "right disk", the system got so mixed up that I had to do a Total Restore (yes, I use capital letter on that!)
    ....So, at the second install, the GPulse folder settled somewhere else, and the system seems Happyish about it...(as long as I don't call for

I think some definite answers to this would be very good for stability when I'm selecting GPulse..

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    B

Re: GigaPulse questions for the knowledgeable ones!

I wouldn't consider myself "well informed" but here goes anyway:

1. Did you look at the "Quick Start Guide" specifically pages 20-25? This describes the "DSP Station" and even gives a screen shot of the GigaPulse Pro impulses. There are about 30 included impulses (most of them have "room" or "hall" related names, since that is what they are).

2. I just left these at their default location setting, in which both are the same directory.

Regarding the GigaPulse content problem, I submitted the problem to Tascam this weekend. From what I can tell, GS3 can get "confused" when you specify a different impulse installation path than the default (D drive). I had the same problem as you. When I uninstalled, then reinstalled, it accepted my different installation location just fine.

Thanks Martin,

Although I've been through every spec of text in the Giga package - I thought - I'll make sure I didn't miss what you're referring to!

It is however good to know that the default drive has to be "D" just to confirm this process.

B

Bluedog,

I found that the Quick Start guide was much clearer than the manual when first exploring GigaPulse.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog
    Thanks Martin,

It is however good to know that the default drive has to be "D" just to confirm this process.

B
    I WAS able to eventually install GS3 so that my default "impulse" directory was NOT D drive. In my "second try" installation, I specified

C:\Program Files\Tascam\GPulse\Common.

However, I DO think that there is a bug in the installer program, since I encountered the problem in the first place.

Go Back to forum