• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking back at the year...

Share/Bookmark

Looking back at the year...

It has been a profound experience for me. I have met some of the most wonderful people from all over the world. I hope that I have been as beneficial to you as you all have been to me. I don't know how much help I've been lately since I've been swamped with one thing or another, but today has been a day of reflection for me. I started this forum not even a year ago and my life hasn't been the same since. I've learned so much since I posted my first song months back. Up until then I had never even sat down to write music. That song was meaningful to me in that it was my first work ever and it would never would have happened without the guidance of the forum and Gary's wonderful product. Since then the GPO community has blossomed into the most mature, well rounded forum I've ever been involved in. We have some of the most talented people on the planet. In my retrospect I've been listening to the 'classics' (demos that I've downloaded over time from you maestros.) What sets you all apart is that each of you is filled with your own distinct musical personality. Whether it is filmic, reflective, sad, happy, each one of you lends your own personality to GPO and in listening today I was transported accross the entire range of human emotion. From Andreas Max's Nostalgie, Jun Yamamoto's Eternal River-Reunion, Michael O's Eriskay Revisited, Francesco's Ahh Movies, Megalith Production's Swashbuckler, Luis Drekker's Woodwind Quintet Mvt 1, M Salamone's Karon's Song, Tuscan Affair by William West... The list goes on and on forever. You guys are some of the greatest people I have ever met, and some of the greatest musicians this side of universe. It has been the single most enjoyable experience in my life to have met and spoken with some of you. I have never been as inspired musically as I am when I listen you your music. It is my bain that thus far I have been unable to capture my artistic panache in music. I hope to one day repay you all by having something worth listening to up on this board and you will have the comfort of knowing that it would have NEVER happened without you all. That's my moment of reflection on the past year with the GPO community. It hasn't really been a year yet, but it looms on the horizon and will be upon us shortly. I thought now would be a prudent time for us to look back on what we've all accomplished collectively as a great community. I look forward to the future of GPO and the continuing growth of this community as we travel on together. Let us not forget those of us that aren't here to celebrate the outcome of your work, like Adam. Sorry to ramble on... Take care GPO friends, and thanks for all the wonderful memories of the past year. Again, I look forward to spending another exciting year with you all.

Wink Re: Looking back at the year...

Thumbs up Re: Looking back at the year...

Thems real touching words from a person I so admire! I am sure everyone here has more than a world of graduated for your endless tireless work as a moderator, mentor, and the awesome job you did on your Overture tutorial. I believe you are as special to this forum as anyone else here. My thanks for all your help and patience with this old crazy dude and putting up with my nonsense.
    As for your music, it's coming.
    You're an asset to this forum and GPO. Looking forward to another year of friendship with you as well bro!

shumani tutanka owachee - Tutonka! M mm mm Bbbbuff mm buff buffa buufffallooo
    Styxx

Talking Re: Looking back at the year...

"I hope to one day repay you all by having something worth listening to up on this board and you will have the comfort of knowing that it would have NEVER happened without you all."

GPO is an amazing product and Overture is a beautiful notation program, but without this forum and Mr. Burrell I would still be lost in the sauce...he has been one of the most helpful individuals I've encountered anywhere at anytime. His sentiment about making great music in order to give a little back to this forum is precisely how I feel.

There's never great music without great inspiration...this forum and Mr. Burrell are truly great inspiration!

Re: Looking back at the year...

Joseph,

Gary made a wise desicion when he made you one of the moderators. You always answer everyones questions and give good advice when listening to demos. And you always are courteous to everyone. I admire your patience and wisdom.

Jeff

joseph,

thank you for your wonderful worlds to all the guys in this beatiful GPO family.
    I want to say, that you have entered enough in to the community,
    i only want to rememeber your beautiful Overture Tutorial and all your help around notation. Thank you very much.

andy

Well said Joseph. Many share your feelings. And you are a big part of what makes this place so special.

Gary Garritan

I agree, Joseph, I appreciate what you bring to this forum!
    You too Styxx
    DPDan

Thumbs up Re: Looking back at the year...

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I agree, Joseph, I appreciate what you bring to this forum!
    You too Styxx
    DPDan
    Naw, all I ever bring is turkey. J B brings the real thang mang!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum