• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: improving mixes with this...

Share/Bookmark

OT: improving mixes with this...

Hi there,

Does anyone use these plugins for thier mixes

http://www.voxengo.com

Seems the "Mixing Suite" is a good value. I have demo'd Waves 'Mastering Suite' and find it to be excellent - just a little pricey (I know, I know - it is probably worth it. But if the subjective difference is only 5%, I may have to go less expensive.)

I appreciate any users opinions (I'll of course use it on both Sample libraries and vocal tracks.)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: OT: improving mixes with this...

Is no one using this suite for mixes?

Sure would be interested in hearing from users on this and how it sounds with the usual sample libraries.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hey Rob,

I think the voxengo plugs are better than the waves stuff. Compared to the waves, voxengo is cheap. The quality is stunning. It's worth it.

-matt mariano

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Coming from you - I'd say that's a solid endorsement.

Would you recommend the "mixing suite"? Looks like it has a good cross section of plugs that would be useful.

Thanks again Matt. Hope all is well.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I would have to vote for the Waves stuff ... sure, its pricey - but most highend stuff is.

If you're on a budget the Voxengo stuff should do.

Hi Rob,
    Voxengo plugins are great. Don't be fooled by the nice price. I own the Waves gold bundle but hardly use it. I turn to Voxengo for mastering.
    I haven't been using the Elephant for limiting lately since Universal Audio UAD1 has released the Precision Limiter which in my opinion is the best plugin limiter out there.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Not to denigrate the Voxnego products (which are very original and smart), but comparing Waves Gold isn't a reflection of their current offerings (the Gold bundle is technology which is several years old).

The L3, for instance, is a pretty amazing piece of work as a mastering limiter. The shaping of the limited signal allows for some amazing transparency at high limiting amounts, but also gives you the ability to accentuate the process and use it as a creative tool.

All good...

Thanks guys for all the input. I have really been impressed with the Waves Mastering suite (especially the Multiband.), but unfortunately I have to also pick up VSL's French Oboe, Atmosphere, and RMX for this upcoming project - the pocketbook is getting slim

Thanks again.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum