• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Charles Wrangle (D) draft bill fails!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Charles Wrangle (D) draft scare bill fails!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    So we pay our congressman; Charles Wrangle (D), to draw up a SCARE TACTIC draft bill, then run screaming (as all democrats do): THERE'S GONNA BE A DRAFT! THERE'S GONNA BE A DRAFT! THERE'S GONNA BE A DRAFT!

Then that VERY SAME CHARLES WRANGLE (D) votes against his OWN BILL?

What an idiot.

Those who voted *for* Wrangles phony SCARE TACTIC "Draft Bill": 2

Those who voted *against* Wrangles phony SCARE TACTIC "Draft Bill": 402

Re: Charles Wrangle (D) draft bill fails!

Wrangle drafted that bill over a year ago as a protest to the fact that the war is being fought mostly by the poor. Children of the wealthy don't go to Iraq. I believe that only a single member of Congress has a child currently serving in the military.

The Republican leadership revived the bill drom the dead-pile and brought it to the floor this week to put an end to the claim that a draft would be coming next year if Bush is re-elected. It worked. That issue is now off the table. Even if re-elected, there's no way that Bush could get such a bill through Congress - even if he wanted to.

This really proves that actions speak louder than words. I don't trust Bush, but after the vote, I'm confident that there will be no draft.

-JF

Sellin' fear - the art of the left.

Smile Re: Charles Wrangle (D) draft bill fails!

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    This really proves that actions speak louder than words. I don't trust Bush, but after the vote, I'm confident that there will be no draft.

-JF
    I agree with that and have always known the same. Yet here on KGO, the largest AM talk (waaaaaaaaaaaaay left wing talk) radio has been broadcasting (and are but just ONE entity, there are STILL many):

FEAR - DRAFT - FEAR - DRAFT - FEAR - DAY AFTER TOMORR... Oops wrong fear production.... anyway you get my point.

Wrangle drafted that bill over a year ago as a protest to the fact that the war is being fought mostly by the poor. Children of the wealthy don't go to Iraq. I believe that only a single member of Congress has a child currently serving in the military.
    -JF
    Being in the military myself, I have a real problem with Rangel's concern over the make-up of US forces. We are an all-volunteer force...nobody was forced to join. Moreover, in peacetime people like Rangel rightfully point out that the military serves the needs of many poor by offering a way for them to pay for college, learn valuable technical skills, etc. Then they change their tune once the military might actually have to serve the purpose for which it was intended!

We are also not a service of the poor. Many come from lower middle class backgrounds, but there is a difference. Many continue to serve long after they are competitive skills wise with their counterparts in the private sector and long after they've fulfilled their obligations for tuition assistance.

Rangel knows the military does not want a draft, therefore this was just a political scheme on his behalf. When called on it, he folded and voted against it himself.

Highest percent KIA in Iraq?:

Non-minority

Don't be so sure. Gen. Hackworth says that without a real coalition, there's no way Bush can continue to fight in Iraq without a draft. The only other solution is to completely cut and run.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Being in the military myself, I have a real problem with Rangel's concern over the make-up of US forces. We are an all-volunteer force...nobody was forced to join. Moreover, in peacetime people like Rangel rightfully point out that the military serves the needs of many poor by offering a way for them to pay for college, learn valuable technical skills, etc. Then they change their tune once the military might actually have to serve the purpose for which it was intended!

We are also not a service of the poor. Many come from lower middle class backgrounds, but there is a difference. Many continue to serve long after they are competitive skills wise with their counterparts in the private sector and long after they've fulfilled their obligations for tuition assistance.

Rangel knows the military does not want a draft, therefore this was just a political scheme on his behalf. When called on it, he folded and voted against it himself.
    Yes, it was purely political -- Rangel made no bones about that. He's made it clear that the children of the people who wage war should have to fight those wars alongside the children of the poor and middle-class.

His aim was to SCARE the elite about an illegal invasion. If their own sons and daughters lives were on the line, there's no way they would have supported it.

So, certainly it was political. And he was using politics the way it SHOULD be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Highest percent KIA in Iraq?:

Non-minority
    I'd say the highest percent KIA is probably women and children.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I'd say the highest percent KIA is probably women and children.
    With certainty we can say that the highest numbers of those killed in the war have been innocent.

People just like you and me and others who will not vote an obviously corrupt administration back into power.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast