• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WHY REGISTER AGAIN!!!

Share/Bookmark

Angry WHY REGISTER AGAIN!!!

Several times since installing GS3, I've had a message pop up when starting that my registration number has been changed to XXXXX, please re-register with that number.

Up until today I've been able to restore from my registration backup. This time it tells me that the backup won't work, and when I manually enter the registration key, it says it's not valid.

The only change I made to my system was to hook up an amp via MIDI.

I went through the registration process at the Tascam site. Now I'm waiting for the promised e-mail.

In the meantime I CAN'T WORK! This is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable! People should be able to used properly licensed and registered software without arbitrary interruptions.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN???

(Sorry for shouting; this gets my blood pressure up big time. I made plans to be able to work with GS3 today, now...)

Re: WHY REGISTER AGAIN!!!

I installed the software on a 2nd computer, and I did not get a grace period. It just wants the activation key. I went through the web-site and after two weeks, I still have not received the additonal key. I called the tech number, and left a message. I hope someone returns the call.

I griped about this to Chris@Tascam as well. As near as I can tell the only thing I changed was what sequencer I was using.

They sent me a bunch of stuff to try (looks like the same bull~~~~ they gave me over their MIDI screwup), very involved but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

If you're lucky, the new code comes within a few minutes. If it happens after COB on Friday, you get nothing. If you use up the 2 or 3 registration attempts you are allowed, you're screwed until TASCAM resets it.

What I can't understand is why this happened in the first place. I didn't make any changes to my system, unless connecting MIDI cables between my Midisport 4x4 and a Cyber Twin is considered a system change! Why should I be hostage to unpredictable unavailability of software I paid plenty for and properly registered!

I finally got a key in e-mail after about an hour. Funny thing though... When I started the License Manager to update it, it said that my registration was OK (with the new registration number)! It even let me backup, and now appears to be working. So now I've got a shiny new registration key that I don't know what to do with. I'll be saving it just in case.

OK, I'm a hobbyist, and I can afford to be down for an hour. If I was facing a paying customer in my studio when this came up, I would be even less impressed. This is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by vanceen
    Several times since installing GS3, I've had a message pop up when starting that my registration number has been changed to XXXXX, please re-register with that number.
    Something definitely sounds wrong, and I would suspect the Windows Registry entries might be messed up.

When you have some time (and I would suggest at the beginning of the week, so you can phone Tascam if things go wrong), would be to unistall GS3, then run the "GigaClean" application, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE BACKED UP your registration.

In my own situation, my original registration has never failed, and I have used the "restore" registration twice, because I uninstalled the software twice.

Lightbulb Re: WHY REGISTER AGAIN!!!

Martin,

Using GigaClean sounded like a good idea. I just tried it.

Now License Manager tells me everything is OK and that I can back up my registration.

But under About, GS is listed as an unregistered trial version.

So I guess I'll see what happens in ten days!

Quote Originally Posted by vanceen
    Martin,

Using GigaClean sounded like a good idea. I just tried it.

Now License Manager tells me everything is OK and that I can back up my registration.

But under About, GS is listed as an unregistered trial version.

So I guess I'll see what happens in ten days!
    Yikes!! Hopefully you did not just lose your 10 day period. You should backup your registration BEFORE you use GigaClean.

I tried to DL the 3.1 GS3 update, and the site says my CD number is invalid

I would have hoped that the registration hassle would be over..Oh Well, The pirated version will be out soon probably. THen I can use that instead of my legal version.....:-)

"You should backup your registration BEFORE you use GigaClean."

Martin,

I did. License Manager offered the opportunity to do it again (as it always does), and says that everything is OK for unlimited use.

GS3 starts up fine and doesn't ask for registration. But under About, it says that it's a trial copy.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm not too optimistic.

vanceen

The question is, why is this happening on your system?

Have you called Tascam tech support?

G

Go Back to forum