• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    I've read through some old posts regarding an issue with Rewire rendering audio with glitches.
    I'm using Sonar 3 and it is my understanding that it will render audio without the glitches if "fast bounce" is not used.
    Can anyone verify this for me?

    Also, can anyone recommend a reliable online source for Giga3 that is shipping now?

    Thanks,
    Toby

    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

  2. #2

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    True.

    BillC

  3. #3

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Quote Originally Posted by cunningham
    True.

    BillC
    Thanks BillC

    It would be nice to save a little time with "Fast Bounce" but hey,
    I can wait a few minutes for audio with no glitches.
    I'm sure they will address this with a patch eventually.

    I'm going for it !

    Thanks,

    Toby
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

  4. #4

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyBrez
    Also, can anyone recommend a reliable online source for Giga3 that is shipping now?
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm
    Hey, Toby.

    I ordered GS3 Orchestra a couple of weeks ago from 8th Street Music, who had it in stock and shipped immediately - http://www.8thstreet.com/product_sea...ned=gigastudio.

    I've done business with them a number of times and found it to be a consistently good experience.

    Hope this helps,

    Chris

  5. #5

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Hey, Toby.

    I ordered GS3 Orchestra a couple of weeks ago from 8th Street Music, who had it in stock and shipped immediately - http://www.8thstreet.com/product_sea...ned=gigastudio.

    I've done business with them a number of times and found it to be a consistently good experience.

    Hope this helps,

    Chris
    Hey Christopher,

    That does help. I will check them out, thanks.
    I want my Giga !

    Toby
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

  6. #6

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    I just got GS3 from zzounds.com

    no fuss, got here in 4 days.

    Didn't have such good luck with musiciansfriend, who couldn't figure out if they'd shipped it or whether it was on backorder.

  7. #7

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Quote Originally Posted by krash
    I just got GS3 from zzounds.com

    no fuss, got here in 4 days.

    Didn't have such good luck with musiciansfriend, who couldn't figure out if they'd shipped it or whether it was on backorder.
    Hey Krash,

    I've had great experience with Zzounds too. But, it appears that Giga is sold out. "Will receive more October 29"

    Thanks,
    Toby
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

  8. #8

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Toby,

    Note that GigaPulse Pro (the separate GigaPulse module) only comes in the "Orchestra" edition. The others can play an instrument with an embedded GigaPulse component in the instrument Gig file. Don't know if that's important to you, but thought you should know.

    BillC

  9. #9

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    Quote Originally Posted by cunningham
    Toby,

    Note that GigaPulse Pro (the separate GigaPulse module) only comes in the "Orchestra" edition. The others can play an instrument with an embedded GigaPulse component in the instrument Gig file. Don't know if that's important to you, but thought you should know.

    BillC
    Hey Bill,

    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure GigaPulse is all that important to me right now. It sounds great but I want to get back into Giga slowly. I may upgrade in the future if I really get back into Giga heavy again.

    One last question: Is there any way around having to use a dvd drive?
    I have access to a usb dvd drive from work. Can I copy contents of dvd to hard drive to install or another method?

    Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
    Toby
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/tobybrezmusic.htm

  10. #10

    Re: Any Rewire-audio glitch update?

    The discs are all DVD, I think, but I'm not absolutely sure about that. You only need to install from the first disc...all other discs contain either sample library material or VSG...and you can simply copy files from those discs to your hard drive. My guess is that you shouldn't have a problem installing from a USB connected DVD. My DVD drive is internal, so I don't have real experience with your type of connection. Perhaps someone else here can correct me if I'm mistaken.

    BillC

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •