• Register
  • Help

Topic: Memo-Gate Takes a New Turn

Share/Bookmark

Memo-Gate Takes a New Turn

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Seems the White House has just released (after saying they'd already released everything except certain medical records) a memo re: Bush's service that's typewritten in -- guess what? -- PROPORTIONAL font.

Seems they had this memo back when the CBS scandal started, but chose to withhold it....

Here it is:

http://www.glcq.com/docs/(71-02-19)recognition_memo.pdf

Re: Memo-Gate Takes a New Turn

I definitely have missed something in my absence. What does proportional font and CBS scandal have in common? What is the CBS scandal about?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    I definitely have missed something in my absence. What does proportional font and CBS scandal have in common? What is the CBS scandal about?
    CBS, via 60 minutes, did a report on Bush's lack of military record. In the report they pointed to a couple of memos that had been written by Bush's commander at the time.

After the report aired, many pointed out that, among other things, the memos were typed with proportional font -- a font, they said, that didn't exist at the time the memos were supposed to have been prepared. CBS said they authenticated the memos, but after an outcry from experts, who continued to say that proportional font was either non-existent or rare in the seventies, CBS finally caved and said they could not swear that the memos were real. They apologized and so did Dan Rather.

Rightwing conspiracy nuts said that the Kerry campaign was behind the memos. Leftwing conspiracy nuts blamed it all on Karl Rove as a clever ploy to make CBS, Dan Rather and the democrats look bad.

Now, almost a month later, the White House has released an additional Bush military document that was typed with --- ta-da -- proportional font. Either it's a fake, too, or proportional font was indeed in use at the time....

Thanks for the info.

The big snowball of misinformation just keeps rolling, eh?

Rob

Go Back to forum