• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Shameless behavior

Share/Bookmark

Shameless behavior

What the heck did I do to deserve the "shameless behavior" scarlet letter? I just noticed that. Who even sets that stuff?

John

Re: Shameless behavior

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Don't know who was responsible.

I just "added to your reputation." Welcome back to the right side of the tracks. Not only have you been redeemed, but it appears that you even have a star.

Lee Blaske
    Thanks Lee! I feel clean and pure again!

What a strange forum feature to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    I haven't added to anyones reputation in months....I have no idea how to do it since the forum changed....any help?
    I just figured it out myself... it is on the right hand corner of every post. You can either "add to reputation" or "report bad post"

Silly stuff this is.

John

You know, I never even paid attention to this "reputation" feature before noticing that I had been deemed as having "shameless behavior in my past". But now that I'm thinking about it.... Isn't it weird that you can anonymously "dis" people, and they can't see who did it or why, and it follow them around on every post? That just strikes me as completely ridiculous.

You can see who - just go to your profile - it sayd who rated you and what they rated you and why...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

It appears you can no longer "negatively rate" a post. That used to be possible. Although I don't really mind my "unknown quantity" rating. I kind of enjoy being an unknown quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    You can see who - just go to your profile - it sayd who rated you and what they rated you and why...
    I can't see who put 'em there (maybe you have more privileges), but I can see the posts they go to. I can only see why if someone happened to add a comment. They didn't in the case where my reputation was negatively affected.

What is funny is I got my "shameless behavior" for agreeing with someone that said that Phillip Glass sucks. That is completely hilarious. What is this place anyway?... "The society for creative anachronisms: Victorian edition"? Also, that person is now "banned". I wonder why? Maybe Phillip Glass is a moderator!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    It appears you can no longer "negatively rate" a post. That used to be possible. Although I don't really mind my "unknown quantity" rating. I kind of enjoy being an unknown quantity.
    Alas, too late for any more enjoyment of that... looks like you are "on a distinguished road" now, Bruce!

In the same vein I think that the 'ignore button' is a poor feature.....just think, maybe no one is seeing what you have written anyway!! I just have this feeling sometimes that people are PM ing the moderators to complain about threads if we're slightly blue or provocative.....it has a feeling of a 'holier than thou' secret service and informers....I don't like it....

I hope this forum doesn't become too harshly policed, too monastic, to the point where it's kind of a 'Stepford Wives' place.....for example, I was warned recently not to use mixed up 'bad words'!!

I know.....if I don't like it I know what I can do!!

Frank

Go Back to forum