• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Kerry Killing in the Polls

Share/Bookmark

EDWARDS (was Kerry) Killing in the Polls

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well, if you take any stock in the polls, they pretty uniformly show Kerry as the clear winner of the debate -- and, more importantly, UNCOMMITTED voters are saying it as well, and many of them are no longer uncomitted...

One of Bush's spinners actually had the audacity to say that this was Bush's best performance in a debate and Kerry's worst.

The reporter looked at him and said, "Uh, can you really say that with a straight face?"
    Last edited by robgb; 10-06-2004 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Title change

Re: Kerry Killing in the Polls

I checked a bunch of news websites this morning. While the pundits (and not the partisans) generally stayed neutral, the polls all showed that Kerry was favored by the general audience. There was only one subset of voters that favored Bush's performance - Republicans.

It also seems that there was no quick shift in voting preferences. My feeling is that over time people will discover that the Kerry on stage doesn't remotely resemble the cartoon that the Bush campaign paints. As this soaks in over the next weeks, Kerry will win the votes of most Independents and currently Undecideds.

-JF

I think that there's still quite a battle ahead in the upcoming months. While this debate is certainly helping, let's not forget that Bush might have some hidden cards to play still such an Osama surprise!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    I think that there's still quite a battle ahead in the upcoming months. While this debate is certainly helping, let's not forget that Bush might have some hidden cards to play still such an Osama surprise!
    yeah, and once captured Osama, all we'll live in a green garden eating fruits and laughin' about old bad times....

how is it possible that US people dont recognize those kind of stuff...I admire them, but still cannot believe that so many people dont use a minimal reason in evaluating international scenarios.

To which America i must believe, please tell me.

Luca

edit: oh, and here we all think Bush will win. And I'll save money for my next nuclear-safe bunker. Maybe i'll sold my lilbraries.

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    What this debate clearly does is this: give Kerry momentum and strengthen his base. If his base is fired up -- which it clearly is -- and that enthusiasm starts to rub off, then he can't be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kerry in address before congress:

"We must recognize that there is no indication that Saddam Hussein has any intention of relenting. So we have an obligation of enormous consequence, an obligation to guarantee that Saddam Hussein cannot ignore the United Nations. He cannot be permitted to go unobserved and unimpeded toward his horrific objective of amassing a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a matter about which there should be any debate whatsoever in the Security Council, or, certainly, in this Nation. If he remains obdurate, I believe that the United Nations must take, and should authorize immediately, whatever steps are necessary to force him to relent — and that the United States should support and participate in those steps.
    In his own words.

Question Re: Kerry Killing in the Polls

Quote Originally Posted by John Kerry on December 2003
    "Those who doubt whether Iraq or the world would be better off without Saddam Hussein, and those who believe we are not safer with his capture, don’t have the judgment to be president or the credibility to be elected president.
    He's correct, right?

But I don't hear Kerry say, in the material you cite, that Iraq should be invaded. Where does he say that?

JG

"...whatever steps are necessary to force him to relent..."

Unless of course whatever steps means something other than WHATEVER steps are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    "...whatever steps are necessary to force him to relent..."

Unless of course whatever steps means something other than WHATEVER steps are necessary.
    Let's not forget that the weapons inspectors were still in Iraq when Bush made the decision to invade. That, for one example, is one of the steps that, if it were allowed to continue, could have assured us that there were no wmds.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast