• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anybody using GS3/Terratec card

Share/Bookmark

Anybody using GS3/Terratec card

Just wondering if anybody using a Terratec sound card has been able to capture audio in GS3. An (possible) interesting link has been noticed, by Herman Witkam, regarding problems capturing with Terratec cards (there are currently two active threads on this topric). I along with others using the Terratec product cannot access this feature of GS3.

XP Pro SP1
    MSI-6728
    2 GB RAM - two sticks
    2 10,000 Raptors - one for samples, one for audio capture
    2 7,200 WDC- for OS and GS3/Sequencer
    GS3 Orchestra
    Finale 04
    TERRATEC 24/96

No IRQ conflicts or critical devices sharing
    Only GS3/OS/Sequencer installed
    All updated drivers for all hardware
    2.54 worked perfect on same machine - including audio capture.

Re: Anybody using GS3/Terratec card

I've got that same card and I always use the WDM drivers. But I use it on a W2K system and jmust like you it works fine in 2.54.

Have you contacted Terratec? I wonder if they will still make GSIF2 drivers since the card is now discontinued.

Update:
    I've tried enabling paging files (all virtual memory was disabled), and instead of the BSOD the system suddenly rebooted. This can only mean a driver problem. I've emailed to Terratec in Germany, which I was sent to by the Dutch support team, that couldn't answer my question because they only handle the non-professional audio. I'm still awaiting responses from both Terratec and Tascam...

I am having a identical problem with my GS3/Terratec 24/96. I reported the issue to microsoft and they claim it is a ew.sys driver issue. Tarratec claims that if I change my sound card's IRQ to '5' that will solve the issue also.

At this point I am unable to change my IRQ's in windows (greyed out in the system/hardware configuration window) or specify a specific IRQ in the motherboard bios( only for legacy ISA devices). I'm sure there is a registry switch that will allow me to change these settings but as of yet I have been unable to locate the information.

RME is looking better and better...

Unhappy Re: Anybody using GS3/Terratec card

After fiddling with Gs3 nice features, especially GigaPulse, I tried for the first time the capture audio.->no BSOD but a reboot

My audio card is a DSP 24 StAudio GSIF 1.
    I tried with different outputs, polyphony is set to only 162 but with no results.
    This is a major bug. I hope that with rewire it will be better
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

This may be a dumb question - or a question with a dumb answer...
    Why would setting the card to IRQ 5 be any better than, lets say 17- with no sharing and/or conflicts?
    I wil certainly try this when I get home.
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

One thing to check as it worked for me with the BSOD using Waveterminal hardware is to enable ALL the audio channels visable in the systems setting/hardware page. If you haven't already done so I'd really appreciate it if you tried this and posted the results.

Freya

If I may ask, while we are on the same subject, has anyone had reasonable success running GS3 with the Terratec EWS88D card?

I haven't upgraded my GS 2.54 copy yet; asking now to know what to expect in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lickety-Split
    This may be a dumb question - or a question with a dumb answer...
    Why would setting the card to IRQ 5 be any better than, lets say 17- with no sharing and/or conflicts?
    I wil certainly try this when I get home.
    It's a big difference. Watch your system boot up and it will reveal what IRQ are really shared without the routing.

Still no response....To all Terratec users: If we continue to email Terratec Germany they would have to respond some time:
    http://supportde.terratec.net/kontakt.php
    The email form is in German, but you can skip all the unneccesary fields by putting random numbers in it. Or just use: [ttsupport@terratec.de]

Go Back to forum