• Register
  • Help

Topic: I Made it!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Smile I Made it!!!!!

Hi folks,
    Long time, no posts. Sorry for that. At this point I'm just lucky that my wife doesnt own my pc and that I'm not seated on a milk crate to write this. Lol. Anyway, I've just taken my first very positive step away from my exciting career in heating and air-conditioning. (Heavy sarcasm on the exciting) I just wrote 37 seconds of music for a local campaign commercial for a district judges campaign comitee. The comitee approved the spot with my music attatched and wanted to know who the composer was!!!! Very exciting news for me. The director, a buddy of mine, told them it was someone local he knew and thet want to send me two more spots!!!! The first one was worth $200. There was also an ad agency person on the comitee that wanted to know who I was so I might get some other work not related to campaigns. Yeah!!! I had originally planned to use GPO all the way but started with my Roland XP-30 to get the basic chords and such. I used an EMU virtuoso just for the percussion and the GPO oboe 2 (my favorite). I sent that as a rough draft to the director and that was it. They used the rough demo. Oh well right? I was on cloud nine all day Sunday after hearing the news. Thanks to all of you for the constant inspiration and I will post the piece when I get some webspace. It's really nothing special but thet liked it. I guess that's all that matters in this field. Thanks again Gary and members. Talk to you soon

Re: I Made it!!!!!

Eric,
    Congratulations on your new musical relations! No matter what you used to secure the job is not important as much as how you use it. Nice going and I would like to extend a helping hand and offer to host your piece on my website as a quest. Just send me a link I would be happy to post it on the forum for you.
    Styxx

Re: I Made it!!!!!

Alright, Congrats

Go Back to forum