• Register
  • Help

Topic: Un-natural, abhorrent mistiming of Birthdays?

Share/Bookmark

Un-natural, abhorrent mistiming of Birthdays?

I can't help noticing that there is a surfeit of birthdays at the moment. If my maths is correct then I estimate that conception took place in around March. I thought that the idea was that babies should be born then (abouts) so that they would have the greatest chance of survival by having the summer to put on a few pounds before the onset of winter?

What's gone wrong? This just isn't natural. What on earth are these people like who have birthdays at this time of year? It's frightening! (IMHO)

This is SO not natural (as Friends would say)

Sorry,

Frank

Re: Un-natural, abhorrent mistiming of Birthdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    If my maths is correct then I estimate that conception took place in around March. I thought that the idea was that babies should be born then (abouts) so that they would have the greatest chance of survival by having the summer to put on a few pounds before the onset of winter?

What's gone wrong? This just isn't natural. What on earth are these people like who have birthdays at this time of year? It's frightening! (IMHO)

This is SO not natural (as Friends would say)

Sorry,

Frank
    The sudden outburst of birthdays corresponds to the recent hurricane activities. Or perhaps the Republicans or the Democrats are responsible .

I think that the conception time would be around the Holidays rather than March. Could someone confirm this?

Gary

Yes, Gary, you are right. My son's birthday is this Tuesday. He was born 27 years ago, and was conceived on New Year’s Eve. How do I know? It was the first New Year’s Eve in 20 years that I didn’t take a gig. We went away and had so much fun that I haven’t played a New Year’s Eve since.

"I think that the conception time would be around the Holidays rather than March. Could someone confirm this? Gary"

Sure. I have it on good authority that I was conceived mid December which resulted in a September birth. I remember the conception like it was yesterday. I left both houses in the late afternoon and combined genetic properties later that evening. What a fun evening that was. Ah, the good old days. We all tend to look back fondly on our youth.

Tom

Smile Re: Un-natural, abhorrent mistiming of Birthdays?

Don't blame me, blame the woman and man who created me. I was adopted and only recently found out that I was concieved during some office party (office Christmas party maybe?) or something similar, the father was (ahem) not the husband. (No, I didn't go seeking out the information, my sister who is adopted and was seeking her natural mother mentioned it thinking I knew. I didn't, but it was no big deal to me.)

Kind of weird knowing I was the product of audultary, but what the heck, at least I was not aborted!

-Kevin

P.S. Please do not go down the path of `this must have been difficult for you. It wasn't. I've known I was adopted my entire life and it was no issue to me. I really could not care less where or how I was conceived, I'm just glad I ended up with the parents I got. No 20/20 or Dateline material here, sorry.
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum