• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: This is amazing....IM exceedingly HO....

Share/Bookmark

This is amazing....IM exceedingly HO....

http://www.cloneensemble.com/power_of_reason.mp3

Have you heard of 'Clone Ensemble'? You multiply your voice up to form a choir? I know the idea isn't new (eg the expensive Digitech Vocal Harmoniser) but this is the best I've heard and it's shareware...and registering is only $25!!

Trevor Magnusson, the writer has done a great job IMHO http://www.cloneensemble.com/

His 'Eileen Oge' demo http://www.cloneensemble.com/EileenOge.mp3 on his website is a pretty decent attempt at a Welsh Male voice choir.

If it could be seeded by one two or three voices it would be amazing... I'm guessing.

I thought you should know about this. If you already do then you should have told us.

I got the link from a 'Bouche' demo on the EWQLSO site (well there haven't been many demos lately....is everyone working on their live orchestra entries? ..nine weeks to go!)

I hope that this is of interest to some of you. (How about including it in your package Gary??.....a similar level of authenticity would cost a lot of $ with other software)

Regards

Frank

Re: This is amazing....IM exceedingly HO....

How ya doin' Frank?

Wow. For $25, the mp3s make this sound like one impressive sonic beast. I'm going to have to download and try this. Thanks for the link.

But it still doesn't- in the case of my voice- change the basic arithmetic. If we assign a value (x) to my singing abilities, then x is a negative value, the cloning or addition to which will only create a greater negative!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    How ya doin' Frank?

Wow. For $25, the mp3s make this sound like one impressive sonic beast. I'm going to have to download and try this. Thanks for the link.

But it still doesn't- in the case of my voice- change the basic arithmetic. If we assign a value (x) to my singing abilities, then x is a negative value, the cloning or addition to which will only create a greater negative!
    Good thanks Michael.....You're right you still have to be able to sing!

Frank

OK, let me get this straight. I can sing into this and it will clone my voice to a choir? I've been singing all my life and had a decent voice till I suffered from acid reflux four years ago. No real long lasting problems except my range suffered tremendously.
    Let me try this.

Yo, Frankie baby! There are a few options here. What do you recommend and to save to?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    OK, let me get this straight. I can sing into this and it will clone my voice to a choir? I've been singing all my life and had a decent voice till I suffered from acid reflux four years ago. No real long lasting problems except my range suffered tremendously.
    Let me try this.

Yo, Frankie baby! There are a few options here. What do you recommend and to save to?
    Hi Michael,

Sorry, I haven't actually tried it,...just listened to it, as usual!

BTW...I loved your websites, magazines and the things you're into (the ones I know about anyway! )

Best Regards

Frank

Wow!

That says it all.

I downloaded the non-tweakable demo, recorded some silly vocals into Sonar, and got sort of a faux Anvil Chorus effect. For $25, I'm definitely going to get it next payday.

Thanks for sharing the link! This looks very cool . . . I'm not usually captivated by the human voice, but a choir can be compelling. The software looks amazing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

What a great find! Thanks Hardy. This takes ensemble making to a different level.

It would be interesting to experiment using some of the GPO solo strings with this program.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    What a great find! Thanks Hardy. This takes ensemble making to a different level.

It would be interesting to experiment using some of the GPO solo strings with this program.

Gary Garritan
    Hi Gary,

Yes it would definitely be interesting as you never know what might come out of it, however I'm sure that it wouldn't even get close to the quality you have now, wrt realism.

Maybe useful to fatten up the sounds in the background....as you know some folk still layer analogue strings with samples in order to soften and enrich them.

Best regards

Frank

Go Back to forum