• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

Hey guys,

Well, I guess the title says it all! Has anyone heard, or can Robert tell us any more about what is going on? I am really going through Angel withdrawl. At least Smallville is still going strong. Now if we can just get a score album by Mark Snow... Oh Boy!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

Hi Jonny,

The score album for ANGEL is in the mastering phase over in the UK with EMI. I've not been given a release date yet. It was quite a task to cut down 2,300 minutes of material into about a one hour collection of cues / suites etc. Obviously not all the requests from fans could make it onto the album, but I'm sure you'll love it!

CityofAngel.com has posted a list of the contents of the album. We've also included 5 songs as you'll see. The final duration of the album is 79 minutes of material.

Sorry I can't announce a release date yet!

Thanks Rob,

Let us know when it hits the shelves. Many of us want a copy Good luck with the release!

Gary Garritan

I think you'll love the beauty of the GOS strings used in "Home" and "Farewell Cordelia"!

Actually these were the "Hollywood Strings", correct me if I'm wrong, Gary, are these part of GPO too?

Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been chomping at the bit to get this album. I can't wait!!

I was wondering, do you use GPO at all or just GOS?

Talk to you soon,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kral
    I think you'll love the beauty of the GOS strings used in "Home" and "Farewell Cordelia"!

Actually these were the "Hollywood Strings", correct me if I'm wrong, Gary, are these part of GPO too?
    Yes, the "Hollywood" strings are the same as the "lush" section strings in the GPO library.

Looking forward to the score album for ANGEL.

Gary

Smile Re: Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

This will indeed be a great album. Angel getting cancelled is just further proof that TV execs have the collective IQ of a small soap dish.

Looking forward to the album, you can chalk up another presale!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Thumbs up Re: Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

Oh yeah! Good to know there will be an Album of the Angel Score. Will it be available worldwide (well, at least in Germany :-) )?

Best
    Holger
    Holger von Baer

Fantastic news!
    I'll be all over this!

Now if only the score for Buffy would come out...

Thumbs up Re: Any news on Robert Kral's Angel Score Album?

I'm just glad to see that I am not a total freak for being a 40 year old Buffy/Angel fan. (I'll through in Babylon 5 and Firefly for good measure just so my wife can roll her eyes. )

I have yet to be able to decide which show was the best between the four shows mentioned above. All I can say is that the abrupt ends to Angel and Firefly were the two worst moments in the history of television. Of course, that is not true for most folks (obviously). I guess I'll just have to be content with the soundtracks as they come out. *sigh*

Does anyone else like the soundtrack to Babylon 5? I cannot get enough of it!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum