• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Forum's IQ!

Share/Bookmark

GPO Forum's IQ!

Hey Guys,

You know, I'm just amazed at how intelligent (is that spelled right? DOH!!) the people on this forum are. I try to read all of the posts, even the very technical ones. The majority of the time, I'm completely left in the dust.

I get the gest of what the discussions are about, but alot of the stuff just goes over my head.

So with that in mind, what do you think the forum's IQ would be? I'm betting pretty darn high. Not that it matters, I was just thinking out loud (or with my fingers!)

Keep up the fantastic discussions and maybe someday I'll catch up!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: GPO Forum's IQ!

I'm in the same boat. I, too, read many of the technical posts written by the "heavyweight" developers and audio engineers, and the discussion is usually way beyond my comprehension. But sometimes I get clues as to at least HOW to go about learning what I wish to learn to become proficient in the DAW environment.

I have to forget the illusion that hanging around forums is going to be enough, and am trying to initiate a kind of informal collegiate course of study for myself. I hope and believe I'll get there eventually.

One of my favorite things about this forum is the spirit of education it fosters, and the fact that very sophisticated and knowledgable people will take the time to answer questions from ignoramasuses (ignoramasi?) like me without being condescending. Folks from all ability/knowledge levels are welcomed and treated with respect.

So thanks to all of you who put your pearls on this public forum.

Although you wonder what the forum's IQ would be, do you know what I got on my IQ test? .....drool [ok, ok, bad pun]

Seriously, there are so many smart, creative and talented people here. And you're on your way to being one of them Jonny - gosh, you're only 24 and have done three soundtracks. How incredible is that?!@

I'm glad there are some 'heavywrights' in the GPO forum. We are fortunate to have a kaleidescope of people from all walks of life, experiences and skill levels. It is fantastic that we can be learning from and interact with so many bright and gifted people here.

And these 'heavyweights' have been here helping those less knowledgeable and experienced (rather than being elitist or exclusionary). I applaud them for their generosity. As professional musicians know, and as Newton put it, "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." It's great to have giants to get a better perspective. Those who are more knowlegable and experienced also benefit by helping and encouraging others - it not only reinforces what they've learned but enriches the creative experience.

I believe everyone has gifts and we can learn from everyone. Not just the most well-known heavyweights but even the most non-assuming person. Have you ever been inspired from a child or perhaps someone unexpected taught you the most valuable lessons in life? The person just starting on a musical journey may have the seeds to be another Mozart and that should be nurtured.

Can't help thinking of the movie Forest Gump, where everyone around him thought he wasn't too bright - but he wound up being the wisest person in the long run. I don't know what the IQ of the GPO Forum is, but that doesn't matter since the size of the members hearts is greater.

Gary Garritan

I think that if there were a couple of bananas in the bathroom with a rabbit outside the window near a waterfall up on top of an elephants back siding with left turn on a broken freeway near the outcome of the dirigible flying above a can of worms coinciding for one police officer stood under the boat for alligators to liposuction spumoni can't spell the bean from the teen unwrapped to 100 percent is only equal to Industrial Quota no more than two and a half times the size of an ant the six sense in weather of Mississippi cost is four times the bear that never heard the tree that fell in the forest on top of I don't think that if there where a couple of bananas we would brains for trains and mine left for yours so there! TOOT!
    IQ! Watt did he say?

THE MAN'S NUTS GRAB 'EM!
    Styxx

Talking Re: GPO Forum's IQ!

shumani tutanka owachee
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: GPO Forum's IQ!

Oh yeah! Now I just had to pop in the CD and crank it up till it goo goo g' joob the house down! Why did you have to go and mention Lennon and for all that matters, The Beatles? Why oh why oh why?

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
    Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody tuesday.
    Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob.

Love this song!!!!!! Dang it!
    Styxx

It's probably around 150.

I told you about the Seether before.
    You know the one that's neither or nor.
    Well here's another clue if you please,
    the Seether's Louise.

--Varuca Salt, Eight Arms To Hold You (another Beatles reference...)

I come to this forum everyday almost every hour or chance I can get. Reason? Sanity. To be apart of what I've loved all my life but never had a chance to be truly, wholly, what I love ... music. I protect that love by listening to some of the most original intelligent music I've ever encountered from one source ever before ... you and this forum. After reading this post I wondered exactly how anyone could realistically put an IQ rating here? Thinking to myself, I said, SELF, look at all the demos and choose an IQ rating for this forum as a whole. Self said, YOU couldn’t because the rating would be off the scale.
    So, I say to you from the heart I find my musical sanity within all of you intelligent musicians, your compositions, and your words. For, you should be where I am during the day. Most times I feel as if there can be no music just the turmoil outside my office door.
    Styxx

The GPO IQ Test

The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will test the forum's IQ. Scroll down for each answer. The questions are NOT too difficult.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
    The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe,and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.
    2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
    Did you say, "Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator? " (Wrong Answer)
    Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.
    3. The King of the Forest is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend except one. Which animal does not attend?
    Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory. OK, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.
    4. There is a river you must cross but it is inhabited by crocodiles. How do you manage it?
    Correct Answer: You swim across. All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.
    According to our own inhouse unbiased survey, most GPO Users got correct answers. 90% of users of other libraries got all the questions wrong.

This conclusively proves the theory that GPO Users have higher IQs

Go Back to forum