• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Fake Document Flap

Share/Bookmark

Fake Document Flap

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I guess most of ya'll have heard that the fake documents CBS used were given to them by Bill Burkett, a nut in Texas who's been out to get Bush for years (btw, I only say he's a nut because he's reported to be mentally unwell...not because he doesn't like Bush).

Now the interesting question: Did Burkett act alone or was there collusion with anyone associated with the Kerry campaign or the DNC? I'm not suggesting such a tie, but the implications would be devestating. Since 60 Minutes has run a correction of sorts, ought not CBS and other channels investigate to get to the bottom of this story?

So much for the DNC trying to pin this on Karl Rove.

Re: Fake Document Flap

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I heard he purposely mislead CBS. Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense. Maybe he's schizophrenic.

Ern
    He's been a Bush basher for a few years, so perhaps he thought he could pull one over on everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    I guess most of ya'll have heard that the fake documents CBS used were given to them by Bill Burkett, a nut in Texas who's been out to get Bush for years (btw, I only say he's a nut because he's reported to be mentally unwell...not because he doesn't like Bush).
    Burkett's an idiot. He did more harm than he did good. The thing is, CBS didn't even NEED thos memos to make their point -- which has now been obscured thanks to some whacko.

What a bunch of putzes.

Oh, and don't worry, you won't trace this to Kerry. He had nothing to do with it. Not his style.

In wanting Bush out of the white house so badly, I have been stupidly willing to sacrifice my ideology for what I thought was for the good of the country. This is folly. If Kerry were to win, look what he gets left with. I am inclined to agree with Colin Powel’s mantra: “You broke it, you fix it.” If it should be proven that the Kerry camp had anything to do with forging documents, then they should go to jail, and since Kerry must take responsibility for everyone that works in his campaign, Kerry has no business being president. Of course, what might matter to the troops in Iraq is getting home in once piece, confident that their president is sending them to the correct theater of operations. If this is what matters to them, then this one nut in Texas is not going to make a bit of difference. They are hiding the body bags people! We are losing the war(s)! Even the some republicans have said just that. If Kerry wins, it’s 4 years and out. If Bush wins, the republicans will go down permanently. I just hope he doesn’t take the whole country with him. If you want to save the Republican party, I would suggest that you let Kerry win, let him take the heat that is coming, then come back with someone smarter in 2008.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    In wanting Bush out of the white house so badly, I have been stupidly willing to sacrifice my ideology for what I thought was for the good of the country. This is folly. If Kerry were to win, look what he gets left with. I am inclined to agree with Colin Powel’s mantra: “You broke it, you fix it.” If it should be proven that the Kerry camp had anything to do with forging documents, then they should go to jail, and since Kerry must take responsibility for everyone that works in his campaign, Kerry has no business being president. Of course, what might matter to the troops in Iraq is getting home in once piece, confident that their president is sending them to the correct theater of operations. If this is what matters to them, then this one nut in Texas is not going to make a bit of difference. They are hiding the body bags people! We are losing the war(s)! Even the some republicans have said just that. If Kerry wins, it’s 4 years and out. If Bush wins, the republicans will go down permanently. I just hope he doesn’t take the whole country with him. If you want to save the Republican party, I would suggest that you let Kerry win, let him take the heat that is coming, then come back with someone smarter in 2008.
    Brian,

I see your point, but the counter question is where would we be if Bush hadn't invaded Iraq? An impossible question to answer, but the alternate is not necessarily rosey. 9-11 wasn't the first attack on America. Al Qaeda has been probing us for years. Somalia, Dhahran Saudi Arabia, US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, USS Cole, 9-11. At least now we're taking the fight to the enemy and despite what the left is saying, we've been actively engaged in Afghanistan since 2001.

Re: Fake Document Flap CBS SUCKS

as i have been screaming about this in past threads: politics and the media just don't mix! although all of my complaints have been against fox -jazerra( which is basically the RNC channel)
    this tops anything i have seen in the 15 years i have been editing news.
    my girlfriend ( a news producer) and i are wondering how in the world can cbs let this partisan crap on the air?? they will suffer big time for this gross stupidity. the death of real investigative reporting is complete thanks cbs you suck!

I heard on npr that al Jazerra is starting a broadcast in English soon. Not usre when. Cable, I guess. I wonder if anyone will carry it.

For that matter, do any of the cable providers in the US offer non-US networks, such as the BBC? Seems as though there would be a niche market here. At the very least, one station might shift among various European countries all day and offer translations. Would be valuable.

Brian(2112), I can agree very much with your post. Not 100%, but I agree to a very high degree. I appreciate your character and honesty in your evaluation here. Kudos, friend!

Brian2112,

I'm pretty much with you all the way except in the assumption that Kerry will get us out of Iraq. I mean, he says he would do the same as Bush only different?

It's depressing to look at the two candidates who could legitimately win the election. I keep thinking back to a recent movie ad campaign. "No matter who wins, we lose".

As for the CBS thing, while I certainly don't buy that whole Karl Rove conspiracy ... you know Rove is saying to himself, "Man, I wish I'd thought of that!"
    - Layne

Overall the big loser is Rather and CBS. I don't hear Kerry's name or the DNC in the stories. The guy who created the docs is a nobody. Who cares about him? But everybody knows Rather and CBS. These are the names in the stories.

-JF

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast