• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Free Hohner Pianet T for Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Free Hohner Pianet T electric piano for Gigastudio

Hi,
    I have added a Hohner Pianet T electric piano to my collection - it is available
    at http://www.sullivang.net/samples/pianet_t.html This one is
    the very mellow sounding one, so don't get excited if you were after
    the one used by Three Dogs etc - it's nothing like that.

Cheers,
    Greg.

Re: Free Hohner Pianet T for Gigastudio

Thanks Greg

I already have the crispy one, so a mellow one would be a fine addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Thanks Greg

I already have the crispy one, so a mellow one would be a fine addition.
    Herman, is your crispy one a real one, or a sampled one? I have a (real) crispy one too - the Combo Pianet. It's not in as good condition as my Pianet T, so I decided to sample the T first.

I've just uploaded an update (yes, already!) for my Pianet T. There was excessive clicking in the attacks of the release samples, so I went through and tidied it all up. V1.1 is available for download. ;^)

Greg.

Smile Re: Free Hohner Pianet T for Gigastudio

Thank You!

(When I decompress the file, then there is a wav-file. I had to rename it to ".gig" then it works well)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigalien
    Thank You!
    You're welcome.

(When I decompress the file, then there is a wav-file. I had to rename it to ".gig" then it works well)
    Sorry about the confusion. I'll shortly be changing the format of my files to RAR, like others have been using. This will make it a lot easier. I've only just discovered how to drive WinRAR in a way that yields similarly small file sizes. (doh!)

Greg.

I still haven't got the releases quite right - there are tiny clicks in some of them, which get magnified when played through effects. I haven't fixed the problem yet - will do so in the next few days.

I'm trying to keep the releases crisp and distinct - I don't like smoothing the attacks of the release samples more than I absolutely have to.

Greg.

Btw, I'll provide a way to keep updated on my web page - I'm not wanting to clutter this forum. I didn't expect to have to revise the releases as much as I'm having to!

This instrument has turned out a bit better than I really expected - it's a very simple sound, but I for one am really enjoying playing it. It's so dainty and cute.

Cheers,
    Greg.

Dude, sweet! Our GigaPuter will finally arrive Monday. I can't wait to scope out your stuff, especially the Yamaha CP80.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Dude, sweet! Our GigaPuter will finally arrive Monday. I can't wait to scope out your stuff, especially the Yamaha CP80.
    Cool. Let me know what you think of my advanced time variant filtering I used for hiss removal. ;^) (seriously - I can't believe I did this - it sounds quite distracting - it's especially noticable on the high notes).

I've just updated the Pianet. Hopefully I have now removed all the pesky release clicking. And I've implemented the update notification system. (you email me a request to be notified ;^)

Tip for developers: GS 2.5 distorts the first 160 microseconds or so of release samples. Adding this amount of silence (i.e, about 6 or 7 samples at 44.1kHz) to the release samples fixes the problem, assuming you don't want to use the EG to smooth it out. (GS' minimum non-zero attack time was far too slow for these releases - it resulted in excessive muffling/smoothing. So, I applied a more subtle attack envelope to the samples outside Gigastudio)
    This subtle distortion was not the only reason for the clicks, but it was definitely part of the problem.

Greg.

Downloading it now - thanks !!

Go Back to forum