• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SOV Layers like VOTA? mod wheel x-fade?

Share/Bookmark

SOV Layers like VOTA? mod wheel x-fade?

Interesting, thought I posted this but can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I started putting back SOV onto the HD last week (giga) and was wondering, does SOV have layers like VOTA where the MOD wheel will X=fade between samples?

I can't seem to find any and thought that there where. I bought the SOV a few years ago for a specific project and only used it a few times.

thanks

Re: SOV Layers like VOTA? mod wheel x-fade?

Quote Originally Posted by retroz
    Interesting, thought I posted this but can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I started putting back SOV onto the HD last week (giga) and was wondering, does SOV have layers like VOTA where the MOD wheel will X=fade between samples?

I can't seem to find any and thought that there where. I bought the SOV a few years ago for a specific project and only used it a few times.

thanks
    bump

Retroz,

I have SOV, but I don't believe they have layered samples and to control them with a Mod-Wheel..

At least I haven't encountered them...

I could be wrong...

Regards, Max.

Does X-fade sound good generally ? I've never used it

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Does X-fade sound good generally ? I've never used it
    I have made quite a few modwheel crossfades with SOV for p to f samples and I think it works very nicely, as long as you don't expose it too much. Besides using p and f layers, you can also crossfade ohs to ahs, etc.

SOV is a real gem and really worthwhile some editing sessions. Also don't forget to make shorter attack/release versions of the programs. You will be amazed at the increase in playability. SOV is not just for ambient, new age music.

Finally, there are a few really programs (I believe additions on disc 5 - I have the Akai version) that are worthwhile some editing sessions. These are the vibrato and staccato patches. I have managed to make release samples from the staccato programs, that I now combine with regular programs. Great to combine with VOTA!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by retroz
    bump
    That is where you are wrong. SOV do have x-faded patches that are controlled with the modwheel. This includes, just to mention a few, the london mixed-, men- and womens-choir, even the staccato-patch. Boys, and gregorian are x-faded to. Nevertheless, assuming you are using Giga or some other soft-platform, it is possible the crossfades are ignored in the Akai or Roland to Giga translation, but I use the Roland-discs on a XV-5080 so the native Roland-format contains all the x-fades...

Chris

Oops..

Wrong quote. My previous message was ment for Max67.

Chris

Gregorian samples also x-faded? That's interesting. I am quite sure that never came out of my Akai-to-Giga conversion. Since I purchased Translator I have actually never tried to re-convert the entire SOV collection. I think it is worthwhile to see what comes out. Are there actually Gregorian p and f layers? Can't remember (and can't check from where I am now).

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    Gregorian samples also x-faded? That's interesting. I am quite sure that never came out of my Akai-to-Giga conversion. Since I purchased Translator I have actually never tried to re-convert the entire SOV collection. I think it is worthwhile to see what comes out. Are there actually Gregorian p and f layers? Can't remember (and can't check from where I am now).

Cheers,

Well, I might be wrong Peter, but I am almost certain about that. I'll check it out and get back to it later unless someone can confirm it right away...

Shantar,

This is why I said "I could be wrong...." I didn't mention that I was absalutely sure.

At the moment, I haven't had the time to go indepth with SOV....

But PeterRoos seems to create his own cross fades which I think is great.

Regards, Max.

Go Back to forum