• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: M Audio Keystation Pro 88?

Share/Bookmark

M Audio Keystation Pro 88?

Anyone try this controller? Looks pretty OK, but just wanted some opinions.

Thanks
    TH

Re: M Audio Keystation Pro 88?

Much has been said about this one, check out this and this thread.

I bought it, I love it!

I have it, I like it. It's not perfect, but a great deal of bang for the buck and by far the best feeling controller i've ever had.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

It's good value, and the action's quite nice. But note that it does not have channel aftertouch.

Hi!

I 've just received mine. I really love all the controllers, but I really dislike the keyboard.
    I play my pianos library normally, as I was playing on my Kurzweil PC88, and it's as if I was playing always at velocity 127... I have to attack very very slighly the keys to play p, and ppp is impossible. When I attack a bit louder than mf, it's as if I was playing ffff...
    I tried the different velocity curve, but this doesn't solve the problem when I play mf sounding like ffff.

For the moment, I rather prefer playing on my old Roland D70 unweighted keyboard than this one...

Is there a way to make the keyboard harder? To have mf when I play mf and fff only when I play fff?

I got one, then returned it after a week...Im still really bumed, because I REALLY wanted to like it...the whole slider/controller knob design was perfect for me (even though they should have put it on the left side)I had everything I could want in controller land...and it its a really nice looking controller, with its bright big blue screen...but.. the keyboard in my opinion was mush..some keys would stick, or "click"..and it had a serious velocity problem. If acurate sequencer performances, as far as velocity ranges you perform are important to you, forget it...if you ever plan on using your Keystation to play percussion, forget it... trying to play anything past 16the notes with any accuracy was pretty much impossible....that could possibly be something of just needing a software update, but the actual keyboard was the problem for me...

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    Is there a way to make the keyboard harder? To have mf when I play mf and fff only when I play fff?
    Xav93 i have the opposite problem with a Edirol Pcr-50 , i find the keys way too hard when i want to play soft .

Cakewalk Pro Audio ( And Sonar i suppose ) has a VEL+ column on every channel so i usually set that to +20 vel when i am playing.

You can do the same but set the velocity to -30/35 or something , it works great

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Xav93 i have the opposite problem with a Edirol Pcr-50 , i find the keys way too hard when i want to play soft .

Cakewalk Pro Audio ( And Sonar i suppose ) has a VEL+ column on every channel so i usually set that to +20 vel when i am playing.

You can do the same but set the velocity to -30/35 or something , it works great
    I certainly mistaken me about asking the way to render the keyboard harder. Actually, I was saying Softer : keyboard plays pp (and not mf) when I play pp, and mf (not fff) when I play mf...

Set a MIDI filter when I use it thru a sequencer, why not, but it's generally not possible when using a standalone soft.

I think I will return it because I'm very disappointed.

I am glad I finally read this thread as I have one on back order and I think I will cancel it. I liked the feel but the velocity problem is a show stopper. Maybe this is why M-Audio keeps pushing the date back. For now I will keep using my trusty Alesis QS7.
    Chris

Go Back to forum