• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bush and the environment

Share/Bookmark

Bush and the environment

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I'm telling you, the world is going to come to an end if this mother~~~~er wins another term.

http://nytimes.com/2004/09/14/politi...pqZaH+3M+KnlTA

Re: Bush and the environment

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    I'm telling you, the world is going to come to an end if this mother~~~~er wins another term.
    And when it doesn't, will you just go away for good?
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

I hope that's not an indication of your intelligence, Brian.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

As if we need further indications of Brian's intelligence...he gives us almost constant clues.

Just in: Bush bashes John Kerry's big-spending habits. "Two-trillion dollars," he says, "in ten years."

Well, turns out Mr. Bush's announced ten-year agenda at the Republican Convention has a price-tag of THREE trillion.

I'm getting sick of these "credit card" Republicans. If I ran my business or household the way these jerks run our country, I'd be bankrupt.

This constant insulting of eachother's intellect is growing rather tiresome. It's uncivil and indeed juvinile. Let's give it a rest, shall we?

No way!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    This constant insulting of eachother's intellect is growing rather tiresome. It's uncivil and indeed juvinile. Let's give it a rest, shall we?
    I'll give it a rest, in each individual instance, when the civility cuts both ways. I think you're seeing a general tipping point in how progressive thinkers on this forum respond to dismissive, one-liner responses. It seems the gloves are coming off...and it's pretty difficult to bottle up once it's been incited.

I'd love to talk about pure issues. Unfortunately, the level of rhetoric and dismissive atmosphere has spawned more of a slugfest. And my daddy used to tell me this: Avoid a fight at all costs, son, but if you find yourself in one, don't stop slugging till the other guy stops moving.

The New American Century

Joe Schmo: "I work to hard for my money. I'm proud to be a Republican."

Gene McLean: "But the Republicans are spending more money than any other administration to date."

Joe Schmo: "That's bull."

Gene McLean: "No it's true. Have you seen the numbers?"

Joe Schmo: "Who's numbers are those?"

Gene McLean: "These are the official numbers from the Bush administration. In reality, they are much worse, but these are the ones they are actually admitting to. Do you know what a deficit is"

Joe Schmo: "Kerry's a loser. LLLLLLooooser! He wants to raise taxes."

Gene Mclean: "Actually Kerry wants to have a larger tax cut for the middle class."

Joe Schmo: "Listen we need to win the war on terror. That's going to cost a few dollars. Bush has proven to be a strong president who favors tax cuts."

Gene McLean: "Tax cuts for the wealthy and war on innocent people."

Joe Schmo: "You need to stand behind our president. He's a good christian."

Gene Mclean: "How much of a tax break did you get under Bush?"

Joe Schmo: " Stop changing the subject, Kerry is a liar."

Gene McLean: "Bush lied about Iraq and has broken most of his campaign promises. The economy is doing poorly and we have less freedoms than ever. We allowed a massive terrorist attack under Bush's watch. The whole world hates us. He has labeled attacks on our environment as "Clear Skies." He has created the largest new agency in the history of the US government. He lied about his past, he lies about the future. He is very secretive and has followed an extreme right wing agenda that has similarities to the s. We have a massive growing deficit that will hurt our children's future. Schools are doing worse than ever and the teachers union is against the "Leave no Child.." act. So who you gonna vote for?"

Joe Schno: "George Bush."

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    I for one think a moron needs to be called a moron when he clearly demonstrates his ignorance. And you conservatives/libertarian/fundamentalist/whatever-you-call-yourselves have demonstrated this on a regular basis. So let's cut Bruce some slack. He's only pointing out the obvious truth.

Go Back to forum