• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibeleus and GPO Studio "Default mode" Dynamic commands..

Share/Bookmark

Sibeleus and GPO Studio "Default mode" Dynamic commands..

Is any one out there using the GPO Studio and Sibelius and trying to achieve a soundscape just by these two platforms alone?

I have a gig (writing a dramatic underscore for a French play that will premier in 2 weeks (eek!) and I don't think I will have the time to learn the GPO thing with Sibelius as well as Protools so I am trying to achieve decents sound via Sibelius and GPO. (I am very confident with Sibelius, and GPO is my first real sampling Library but I am a quick learner...Uh..maybe?

OK... the question is, to achieve the best results using GPO Studio, I know you need to select the default mode so I can manually set Mod wheel values in my score so that I can hear proper volume levels from GPO Studio.

This is what i have been doing with little success.... Next to the stave/instrument, if I want it to be say,,, Fortissimo... I would press Apple then E and then type the Command ~C1,127 ect

But why is this not registering through the play back?

Any help with this one... Crazily, I have to have pretty much the majority of this sorted out by the end of this week. Augh. so prompt replies would be rather extremely brilliant!

Any way, most of my hit points have been composed. now I just need to tweak them so to make it sound semi-decent.

Any insight into my GPO Studio Mode headaches?

Whoever can assist will be viewed as quite a hero! - Cheers to you

Smile Re: Sibeleus and GPO Studio "Default mode" Dynamic commands..

Hey Amanda,
    Do you mind if I recommend an out-of-the-box solution? I also use Sibelius 3 and just recently purchased GPO. I began struggling with Sibelius as a playback/sequencer kind of application. (I love it for notation purposes.) It was suggested to me by Joseph Burrell that I should take a look at Overture SE, which ships with Sibelius. I thought, what the heck and installed it (I didn't bother when I installed GPO.) and then proceeded to go through his first tutorial. An hour later I had gone through it and directly began working on an arragement. I have never been able to work so fast. I ran into a glitch with fermatas that JB helped me right through.

I know that introducing a new tool can be a risky proposition, so maybe now is not the right time. What I do know is that you will get a much more musical performance from Overture than Sibelius. Maybe it is worth spending 2 hours to go through his tutorial, then export MIDI from Sibelius, import to Overture and see what happens. Remember, you have a pretty responsive group who will help you out as much as we can.

Best of luck in getting your project done!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Sibeleus and GPO Studio "Default mode" Dynamic commands..

And I'll just add that if you have any questions or concerns should you choose to embark on using Overture SE, I'm available to help any time. Send me emails, PM's, whatever. I'll try to see to it that the transition is smooth.

Hey Amanda!

Hope things are progressing with your score!!

I was able to hear some of Amanda's music at the PNW Filmscoring Workshop. She writes brilliantly! I hope she post's some of her music for us to hear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    .......that I should take a look at Overture SE, which ships with Sibelius.
    Kevin, I think you meant to say ships with GPO. It is included on the GPO discs.

Thank you so much Kevin -

I have the Overture disk right infront of me ready to install now. Yes,I am up for "out - of - box" solutions!

I will certainly keep you posted rereogression rate and thank you sincerely for you genuine support!

Colourful time ahead!!!
    You guys are great!

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    Hey Amanda,
    Do you mind if I recommend an out-of-the-box solution? I also use Sibelius 3 and just recently purchased GPO. I began struggling with Sibelius as a playback/sequencer kind of application. (I love it for notation purposes.) It was suggested to me by Joseph Burrell that I should take a look at Overture SE, which ships with Sibelius. I thought, what the heck and installed it (I didn't bother when I installed GPO.) and then proceeded to go through his first tutorial. An hour later I had gone through it and directly began working on an arragement. I have never been able to work so fast. I ran into a glitch with fermatas that JB helped me right through.

I know that introducing a new tool can be a risky proposition, so maybe now is not the right time. What I do know is that you will get a much more musical performance from Overture than Sibelius. Maybe it is worth spending 2 hours to go through his tutorial, then export MIDI from Sibelius, import to Overture and see what happens. Remember, you have a pretty responsive group who will help you out as much as we can.

Best of luck in getting your project done!

-Kevin

Thank you so much Joseph!

I shall get started right away and see what happens! Your back up support is extremely valued.

Much much appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    And I'll just add that if you have any questions or concerns should you choose to embark on using Overture SE, I'm available to help any time. Send me emails, PM's, whatever. I'll try to see to it that the transition is smooth.

Hi Paul -
    Your vote of confidence is very sweet!

Thanks again for the moral support!

Here goes Overture!

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Hey Amanda!

Hope things are progressing with your score!!

I was able to hear some of Amanda's music at the PNW Filmscoring Workshop. She writes brilliantly! I hope she post's some of her music for us to hear soon.

Kevin, I think you meant to say ships with GPO. It is included on the GPO discs.

Go Back to forum