• Register
  • Help

Topic: Workarounds for Ambience Reverb in Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question Workarounds for Ambience Reverb in Studio

Hi Y'all,

I love working with notation and am not a sequencer fan. I would like to go from notation, through a reverb, and to a .wav file (which of course you can do with Studio) and create professional sounding recording this way. After looking at Overture's Graphics capabilites I think I can stay out of a sequencer. My big concern is a good reverb. Ambinece is a CPU hog and I don't want to bring the quality of the reverb down and sacrifice sound although I have to because it overwhelms my CPU with very many instruments. And I don't want to invest more money in sequencers.

Question: Does anybody know how to get realistic reverb out of GPO Studio using Ambience without bringing the CPU to it's knees? Or, is there another alternative or workaround for the reverb (or plugging another reverb in somehow?) without having to go out and buy a sequencer with effects?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
    Gary Young

Re: Workarounds for Ambience Reverb in Studio

I'm using Overture with Bidule which allows me the flexibility of using any reverb I choose or none at all. If I were you Gary, I'd mix the files to wav in Studio 1.2 with the reverb bypassed and bring them in an audio program to add the reverb the the audio file. This is technically not the best way to do it, but it is the easiest.

Question Re: Workarounds for Ambience Reverb in Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I'm using Overture with Bidule which allows me the flexibility of using any reverb I choose or none at all. If I were you Gary, I'd mix the files to wav in Studio 1.2 with the reverb bypassed and bring them in an audio program to add the reverb the the audio file. This is technically not the best way to do it, but it is the easiest.

Thanks for the advice. Excuse my ignorance, but what is Bidule and what does it cost? Also why is this not the best way to do things?

Thanks!
    Gary Young

Re: Workarounds for Ambience Reverb in Studio

Bidule is a VST host (with lots of other functions as well) and can be used in a similar capacity as Studio. There's a pretty learning curve to it, but once you have your template you're set. I only say that it is not best because of the learning curve. Also, it is free at this point because it is in beta. You can find it at

http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum