• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: All you need to know about GWB

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Thumbs down All you need to know about GWB

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I'm sure a number of you are keeping up with this: The Bush administration has refused to participate in the debate known as the "Town Hall" debate.

The reason?

They say it's not necessary.

The actual reason?

Fear.

Unlike Bush's campaign events where one must literally sign a fealty oath to be admitted, this debate would expose the President to actual questioning from actual Americans.

This is very different than being exposed to reporters and journalists, or the kind of moderated debate in which every aspect of the appearance can be negotiated beforehand. There is no negotiating with an ordinary citizen, whose career won't hang in the balance of pissing off one candidate or the other.

Of course, John Kerry relished this appearance. Given difficult questioning from a Republican citizen participant, Senator Kerry's capability to be articulate and to engage in realtime, thoughtful consideration of policy questions would give him dual advantage.

First, he could actually afford to acknowledge and consider the questioner's position. Far from the "flip flop" label of convenience, this is the manner in which any thinking, effective person operates his business or enterprise. Mr. Kerry could treat the questioner as if he were actually on the team...presenting an option for consideration. And in considering what was asked, Mr. Kerry could give an honest, forthright answer from his heart and gut, and do so in clear, articulate language. Worst case, the questioner would at least feel heard, if not agreed with, and would appreciate the treatment.

But even if Mr. Kerry were having a bad day, and could not get the ideal outcome, he is articulate enough to acknowledge the question and connect it to his own dogma in realtime.

Mr. Bush would not be so fortunate in an unrestricted forum.

Even when handed the ball by a supporter, Mr. Bush has a difficult time being articulate when led off the beaten path of talking points.

But put in a situation where a smart citizen, and let's just flat-out say a citizen determined to expose this weakness, could have free access, on camera, in realtime...Mr. Bush can realistically be reduced to a stammering deer in the headlights.

My question is this: Can the Kerry campaign afford to take the risk, in the current neck-and-neck race, to flatly say this, and to force the issue into the broader political lexicon?

The situation flat-out exists. Even the President himself freely admits he is less than articulate in the best of times.

I'm guessing the balance hinges on whether the American people at large can truly comprehend the situation--BEFORE it actually plays out.

And sadly, I will predict, the Democratic Party will be forced to leave this alone, and to ignore it like the proverbial elephant-in-living-room.

As a person whose desire is to see Mr. Bush retired, I am really saddened by this conundrum. I would love to see that debate. Because when this President must actually walk a tight-wire--alone and exposed, with no potential for preparation or damage control--even the dumbest hick in the haystack can see he's a fraud. A puppet. A man whose intellectual depth can be measured in millimeters, and whose compass is not steady enough to lead.

Flip-flop my A-double-S. Want to see a flip-flop? Put this sow's ear in front of an unrestricted audience, turn on the camera, and watch. You'll see plenty of flip flopping. From Mr. Bush, like a fish out of water. Stammering, deer-in-headlights truth.

And we will never see it.

God, how do you people who support George Bush sleep at night? How do you live with yourself? If you're too stupid or blind to see, that's one thing. I give some people credit for truly being blind. Some of you aren't, though. You know every word I'm saying is true--that however you've attached your agenda to these slimeballs, you're willing to embrace the lies and deceit for your selfish purpose.

One day the pendulum will swing, and we will bury you. If I had my way, I'd stand all you wingnuts up in an alley, hand a crack-head freak the assault-weapon-of-his-choice that you nuts just re-legalized, stand back, and see how you do.

Heck, I think the Republican events from here to election day should pass out Uzis right at the door. After all, they're such a good idea, right? And God knows, we can't have any background checks or waiting periods.

Yeah, let's try that.

I can't imagine how you sleep at night. Poorly, I hope.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: All you need to know about GWB

Sorry. That's mean isn't it?

Maybe I just don't understand.

Thanks for that Bruce. In this current situation, America has disappeared, democracy is severely injured, and anger IS justified.

Make this Texan #2 that concurs with Bruce.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Exclamation Re: All you need to know about GWB

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    ...You'll see plenty of flip flopping. From Mr. Bush, like a fish out of water. Stammering, deer-in-headlights truth.

And we will never see it.
    I don't know;

CBS * NBC * MSNBC * CNN * NPR * Dreamworks * Geffen * Michael Moore ET. AL. - All DO try their level best to bring us wooooooonderfull *productions* as fast as they can create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    I don't know;

CBS * NBC * MSNBC * CNN * NPR * Dreamworks * Geffen * Michael Moore ET. AL. - All DO try their level best to bring us wooooooonderfull *productions* as fast as they can create it.
    I’m sorry; I must confess that I am intellectually incapable of understanding this post and how it relates to the original post.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I'm sure a number of you are keeping up with this: The Bush administration has refused to participate in the debate known as the "Town Hall" debate.

The reason?
    And Bill Clintoon did the exact same thing in the 1996 Pres. election. The reason? The world may never know.

Yesteryear's news? If B.C. ran again you'd vote for him faster than my Lexicon 300 processes the first reflection.

According to what I have read in the press, the real reason Bush and Co. have given for missing this town hall debate is the concern that partisan voters will pose as undecided in order to get into the audience. Considering how polarized the nation is regarding the election, this is indeed a legitimate concern. Various Democrats on this forum have been going on about how Kerry will win in a landslide, and if the public's support is as overwhelming as they say it is, then it is reasonable to expect that rounding up a truly undecided audience for this debate would prove difficult. This is a shame, but then, I don't want my tax dollars paying for a town hall debate that might be rigged. If you are so convinced that Bush will crash and burn in the debates, putting the two candidates on a stage and letting them go head to head (as the other two debates will do) should be more than sufficient to bring this to light.

And that whole bit about lining all of the Republicans up and letting some assault weapon toting crackhead have his way with them was really clever. Really underscores your passionate support for things like "open forums". So long as everyone agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by glennm01
    According to what I have read in the press, the real reason Bush and Co. have given for missing this town hall debate is the concern that partisan voters will pose as undecided in order to get into the audience.
    So what? Bush can't handle them?

Hey Brian,

OT (no sneaky stuff - on my honor) I've been looking at your pic on the lawn tractor but can't see it all clearly. Is that a beer yer holdin' up? And what's that thing coming out of the exhuast chute?

It looks like a blast so post a bigger pic.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast