• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: NEW LastLibs: Acoustic Drum Kit

Share/Bookmark

NEW LastLibs: Acoustic Drum Kit

LastLibs in association with Bela D Media:
    Acoustic Drum Kit

Over 10,000 hand edited samples covering sticks, brushes and hot-rods on a single custom build acoustic drum kit combine in a true 8-channel multi-track setting to offer you the most authentic acoustic drum kit.

The custom built drum kit was recorded, edited and programmed at 24-bit/48kHz in true eight-channel multi-track with bleed-thru from each mic intact, offering four individual variations for every velocity layer. The multi-channel tracking was replicated in the programming and routing thru Kontakt allowing you to mix and effect the sampled kit as if you were tracking a live studio session.

The LastLibs Acoustic Drum Kit is part 2 of 3 in the Acoustic Sessions Series for which the LastLibs Acoustic Bass was part one - and the upcoming LastLibs Acoustic Guitar will complete. The acousitc guitar library will be released in time for christmas and will be one of the most fully realized acoustic instruments available. All three parts of the Acoustic Sessions Series were recorded to match, sonically, and in their programming features - allowing you to call up an entire Unplugged band at will.

Demos to come soon. Product shipping this October.

After that we bury ourselves in a secret project called "The Crypt"

Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: NEW LastLibs: Acoustic Drum Kit

Looking nice, Alan
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Hee hee. I can't wait guys! So nice to see some details finally posted. Hurry up already, I'm salivating!

Alan, this sounds GREAT. If it even approaches the quality of your acoustic bass library, you'll have a winner.

Wow looks great Alan... any demos?

What drum kit, mics, preamps, converters did you use to record this library?

Alan,

Your website does not mention which in which formats will your Drum and Acoustic Guitar be released.

Are there any other formats besides Kontakt?

P.S. Have the Acoustic Bass Giga 3 Libraries started to ship yet?

Is it going to come out in Kontakt format? I hope so!!!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Alan,

Your website does not mention which in which formats will your Drum and Acoustic Guitar be released.

Are there any other formats besides Kontakt?

P.S. Have the Acoustic Bass Giga 3 Libraries started to ship yet?
    The GS3 version of the bass has not shipped yet - because just like all of you - I am still waiting for Tascam to get my copy to my doorstep I have everything ready for the day it arrives, 24-bit samples, body resonance impulses... I just keep checking an empty porch every morning...

From now on I will only be programming Kontakt and GS versions of my libraries. However, 3rd party programming will be done so I will be able to offer HALion2 and 3 and EXS and sfz+ versions also. So those version may take longer - but Kontakt and GS3 versions will always be released together from now on...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    What drum kit, mics, preamps, converters did you use to record this library?
    If you would like this information, please contact us privately. There can be trademark issues with announcing specific brands and models and calling their sound as our own.

I can tell you though:

**Converters: Mytek 8x96

Preamps: Vintech 1272, and a set of class-a custom pre's ripped from one of my favorite mixers

*Mics were all the standards, 421's, 57's, u87 on outerkick, overheads were oktava's

All recorded into SAWStudio. Recorded in a (properly!) acoustically controlled room.

* Some samples got the use of some fun altec mics and unidyne's

**Also some samples were done with a Motu 896hd to allow mobility.
    SigmaDelta Audio Labs 727-385-5260

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast