• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Holiday CD?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Holiday CD?

Soon the holidays will be upon us. I think we should have a holiday GPO CD! What do you think people? We could have teams of people do songs or individual do some songs or both!
    How a bout it dar capitain? Arrrrrrgggg!
    Styxx

Re: Holiday CD?

I'm already working on that very thing

Talking Re: Holiday CD?

Me too,

The first thing I thought of when I was preparing to buy this was making a holiday CD for christmas presents for all of my family. I need to do my contest pieces first, but I already have several arrangements floating around in my head waiting for me when I get more time.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

A user-arranged-and-produced GPO Holiday Album! THIS IS A STELLAR IDEA, PEOPLE. I'd sure be on board for it!

Talking Re: Holiday CD?

Count me in!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

I've already posted my "Joy to the World" arrangement (in case you missed it). Only it uses some trumpets from Project SAM Solo Sessions. Would that make it ineligible?

Also, I'm working on my arrangement of "The Holly and the Ivy" for string orchestra, using GOS. Watch for it soon.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Let's all pick a holiday song list what you are working on so others can decide on something else if need be. As far as orchestration let's keep it all GPO, GOS, GOSlite. Score it for brass ensemble, string quartet up to including full orchestra.
    Here's a challenge, Sleigh Ride! I started mine already. It's an unknown holiday song "Rydell the Red Nosed Bartender." Sorry, couldn't help it.
    Actually, I have mine already picked out. an unknown holiday song by Carol Cotes (I am not sure of the spelling so correct me please) entitled, "That's What We Love About Christmas."
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Holiday CD?

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I've already posted my "Joy to the World" arrangement (in case you missed it). Only it uses some trumpets from Project SAM Solo Sessions. Would that make it ineligible?

Also, I'm working on my arrangement of "The Holly and the Ivy" for string orchestra, using GOS. Watch for it soon.
    Heck no! That's perfect! Now all we have to do is get someone to produce the CD.
    Styxx

OK,
    I'll take "Oh Holy Night"

Lightbulb Re: Holiday CD?

I don't exactly say "Bah! Humbug!" but my holiday wishes are usually something along the lines of "the merriest of seasons wishes to you and yours that may be appropriate according to your particular beliefs at this trime of year!"/

KevinKauai

Go Back to forum