• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about GS3 PMI Old Lady Install

Share/Bookmark

Question about GS3 PMI Old Lady Install

Greetings,

I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing when installing the Old Lady. I run the .exe file which creates a new directory (let's call it the "root" for now). Then I take the _content_ of the "Copy to same folder" directory and copy it to "root". I now have the original root contents plus the files in the "Copy to..." folder from the DVD plus the directory "Extra GP content" when I look at "root" on the HD. Is this correct? If necessary I can type in the directory contents but I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks,
    Freya

Re: Question about GS3 PMI Old Lady Install

This is correct, both the Gig file and all extra's should be in the same folder.
    If you are running version 3 of Giga you need an additional step. You have to show GigaPulse where the extra GP content is by adding the path to this content in the settings dialogue box.
    If you have Giga2 you can not use the extra GigaPulse content.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Freya,

How long did it take your disks to arrive? I am sitting at 9 days so far and still haven't recieved them.

Quote Originally Posted by grimfrog
    Freya,

How long did it take your disks to arrive? I am sitting at 9 days so far and still haven't recieved them.
    Same here..though I am in Serbia which has notoriously bad post...
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

I would like a clarification please. I have Old Lady am waiting for Gigastudio to arrive.

My interpretation of the install instructions was to copy the entire "Copy to same folder" folder.

In fact, should I just copy the contents and not the folder as well?

Thanks, Ralph Olstad

Though slightly off topic...

I think it took about a week for GS3 to get to me and about the same for the PMI pianos.

Apropos the orginal thread, I now have GS GigaPulse/Convolution "Bank File Search Paths" pointing to "D:\GigaStudio 3\Old Lady\Extra GP content". Is this correct?

BTW Michiel - this business of having to copy directories (or contents thereof) and then add those directories (or contents thereof) to the GigaPulse search path is, as they used to say in the early days of computer programming, a bit "krufty". I've been programming for 20+ years and I'm still not sure if I've gotten the right directory structure and GigaPulse search path in place...this stuff really ought to be automated once things settle down a bit...

I retract my original question. I re-read the Installation NEW.txt file and it clearly states to copy the 'extra content' folder (as opposed to the 'Copy to same folder' folder).

I guess a better way to make this all self-documenting would be to label the folder in question as: 'Copy contents to same folder'.
    Ralph

Yes, it´s a little confusing at this time. We will create installers that do most of the complicated work for you (search for the TASCAM/GigaPulse/common files folder etc) but this takes time.

It´s early days and we are just as excited as other to start using the new GP content so we have not found the best way to install the data. Imagine this process will become streamlined in a a few weeks at most. We may even make a new installer -that can be downloaded- just for the GP stuff.
    The Gig files come from the DVD, the rest is installed with a seperate installer. This gives us the advantage to keep adding new GP content to the GOLD BUNDLE pianos without changing the master DVD all the time.

We have the room impulses, more body and strings impulses and other goodies waiting to be finished. We will keep you posted here on how things are going.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum