• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help me set up the recording option for GS3 Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Question Please help me set up the recording option for GS3 Orchestra

Hello.

I hope some kind soul can help me with something that is probably very simple, but at the moment has me stumped. Assisting me may help many others out there.

I have tried the Audio Capture tool, but with disastrous results.

When I try to capture a performance (sequenced with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9), I get as far as naming the file to save, but then the system crashes (blacks out), and I get a message something like

Driver-Irql - not less or equal
    then the computer resets itself.

I have also tried to capture the wave file directly from Adobe Edition 1.5, but when I do this I get the following message when I try to monitor the record level from Adobe Edition.

Your selected sound card is not able to use this sample rate.
    Check your settings to see if you have the correct
    device selected. Verify what sample rates your sound card
    can play by going to Options > Device Properties.

Also check Options > Device Order to make sure that you
    have the proper sound card selected for use.
    With GigaStudio 2.5, I also had the same problem with Adobe Edition. Apparently Adobe Edition and GigaStudio can't both run at the same time.

I hope someone can walk me through the procedure that I must take so that I can use the Audio Capture Tool. Many thanks.

Paul Copeland

My system is

Memory: 1279 Mbytes
    1 - CPU: 2143 MHz, AuthenticAMD (CPU ID 6a0)

Athlon 3000
    1.5 gig ram

WaveOut devices (1):
    Device 0 - DMX 6fire Wave

Re: Please help me set up the recording option for GS3 Orchestra

Hi Paul,

I am having identical problems with my GS3 system and have spent the past three days looking for answers to no avail. The only thing our systems have in common is the DX6Fire 24/96 sound card and the same release of WINXP Service Pack 2. I did a fresh install of Windows with a slipstreamed servide pack in the hopes that a clean install with fresh/updated drivers would straighten things out...No luck.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but on the brighter side...Maybe our chances of finding one just doubled...

Allen Zurcher

Nevermind my own topic....This seems to be the same problem. I'm running XP pro with a Terratec Phase 28 card. I get a blue screen after I've named the wave file. Since we all have Terratec cards, it could be a driver problem....

I have this issue as well- here is what I'm working with.

XP Pro SP1
    MSI-6728
    2 GB RAM - two sticks
    2 10,000 Raptors - one for samples, one for audio capture
    2 7,200 WDC- for OS and GS3/Sequencer
    GS3 Orchestra
    Finale 04
    TERRATEC 24/96

No IRQ conflicts or critical devices sharing
    Only GS3/OS/Sequencer installed
    All updated drivers for all hardware
    2.54 worked perfect on same machine - including audio capture.

Have already reported to Tascam- via Chris in tech support.

XP Pro, no service packs or updates
    ASUS P4C800 E-deluxe
    Pentium IV 2.6 Ghz
    1,5 Gb RAM, 3 sticks
    7200 S-ATA Maxtor drive for Gigs
    7200 ATA Maxtor driver for OS
    GS3 Orchestra
    Cubase SX
    Terratec Phase 28

No reports of IRQ conflicts or other problems as well. All drivers updated as well. Previous audio capturing held no problems. It has to be a GS3 - Terratec conflict. I've already contacted Terratec about why it's taking them so long to get the v2 drivers done.

This does seem to point to a Terratec/GS3 conflict - interesting.
    Has anybody contacted Terratec yet regarding GS3 - I plan on sending them an email this evening explaining the problem.

Thumbs down Re: Please help me set up the recording option for GS3 Orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by Lickety-Split
    This does seem to point to a Terratec/GS3 conflict - interesting.
    Has anybody contacted Terratec yet regarding GS3 - I plan on sending them an email this evening explaining the problem.
    Good luck then, I've found their support to be horrible. They made one suggestion re the possibility that my Phase 28 was sharing IRQs. I responded that I had already considered that option and rejected it. After that, no more response from them. The Phase28 drivers are almost a year old now.

I don't use the same equipment, but narrowing down the possibilities might help: you should be able to capture without any midi input, using the little keyboard in GS3 itself. In GS3, you need to 'arm' an output on the mixer outputs page -- if there are choices as to which output to use, maybe a different one could also narrow options?

On GS2.5 with my soundcard, I could never capture at 88.2 but could successfully at 44.1, so that too might be worth a look, reducing the soundcard and making sure gs3 matches it. I had several crashes while changing parameters between audio card and gs3, however, so reboots might be worthwhile.

I too have the DRIVER... BSOD but my sound card is an ESI Waveterminal192 L. I've tried both 44.1 and 48 sample rates but all configurations I've tried still crash.

Sigh...
    Freya

So, looking at the hardware compatibility table on Tascamgiga.com, it should be a GSIF version 1 problem, since ESI hasn't updated their drivers yet. I wonder if both Terratec and ESI will update their drivers in the upcoming couple of months. A few months ago Terratec support replied (translated from Dutch):

"These drivers will probably be developed, but we can't tell when they will be released yet. You'll have to keep an eye on the website...."

Well, of course I did...

Go Back to forum