• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2 Soundcards?

Share/Bookmark

2 Soundcards?

Hello there,

Just got GS3 for my birthday - very excited - and even more excited that I finally found a forum with active posts in it about GS3! (took me all day)

I have an Audigy2 and have discovered that I'll need a different soundcard to get this thing to work.

I'm thinking of going with the ECHO MIAMIDI - price is nice, and everyone had nice things to say about ECHO here.

Question is, can I have both soundcards installed at the same time? Reason being that this is also a gaming computer (though they'll be less time of that now that I have this!) and didn't want to screw things up there.

Also, and this is probably a really dumb question - but when I installed GS3 it never asked for the other 5 DVDs that came with it - do I just copy those files over to my drive with the Sample Content on it?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: 2 Soundcards?

I'm jealous -- still haven't received my gs3 upgrade! But, in gs 2.5 there is no problem with two soundcards, gs simply doesn't recognize the soundcard on my system that is not 'gsif-compatible'.

When you use this driver, your Audigy2 will be gsif compatible:

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JRH147
    Hello there,

Just got GS3 for my birthday - very excited - and even more excited that I finally found a forum with active posts in it about GS3! (took me all day)

I have an Audigy2 and have discovered that I'll need a different soundcard to get this thing to work.

I'm thinking of going with the ECHO MIAMIDI - price is nice, and everyone had nice things to say about ECHO here.

Question is, can I have both soundcards installed at the same time? Reason being that this is also a gaming computer (though they'll be less time of that now that I have this!) and didn't want to screw things up there.

Also, and this is probably a really dumb question - but when I installed GS3 it never asked for the other 5 DVDs that came with it - do I just copy those files over to my drive with the Sample Content on it?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    There have actually been some problem reports on the Mia MIDI. I'm not sure if they're isolated or pervasive, and not sure if those people have come to resolution.

For sure, the Layla is a great-performing interface with GigaStudio 3.0, but that may be more pro-oriented than you'd like to go. The new Layla G3 is pretty sweet for $499 retail. That's an amazing deal, really, and gives you some mic preamps, and some other very nice amenities.

Hi,

i have a RME 96/36 with two ADAT...
    A want, in addition for Gigastudio 3, use a M-Audio Delta 44 for to expain the out by 4 analogues...
    Can I combine two card (with drivers GSIF) in my PC ? Gigastudio 3 recognise two cards GSIF ?
    Thanks to response...

Thanks for the info -

I was trying to go the cheaper route, since I'm not a professional - also, isn't Echo coming out with a new version of Layla? Wouldn't it be better to wait for that?

I managed to get GS3 working through a trial version of Sonar (through ReWire) - man, things certainly have improved in the last 5 years! The legato gigs from Vienna sound amazing (at least to me). I've got a keyboard just sitting in the closet waiting for some MIDI card, just have to figure out which one.

I've been reading all the previous posts from the last year to get a feel for what I should know. Thanks for the early help.

M-Audio AP2496 is now $99. What's wrong with that? Still a solid card.

Quote Originally Posted by JRH147
    Thanks for the info -

I was trying to go the cheaper route, since I'm not a professional - also, isn't Echo coming out with a new version of Layla? Wouldn't it be better to wait for that?
    It definitely appears that Echo Audio's new "3G" products will be very GS3 friendly. The only "problem" is one really doesn't know when they will be released:

http://www.echoaudio.com

When I look at the "comparison chart", I certainly would wait for the 3G products:
    http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/Pr...ison_Chart.php

P.S. - Yes, the GS3 install does not prompt you to install any of the "non Tascam" sample data. You just copy those yourself.

Excuse me, but notbody can give response at my request ?
    M. richardson, Can you help me ?
    My question :
    Can I combine two card (with drivers GSIF) in my PC ? Gigastudio 3 recognise two cards GSIF ?
    Thanks

GS2 does if both of them have GSIF drivers,

Go Back to forum