• Register
  • Help

Topic: Processing audio files with GigaPulse Pro

Share/Bookmark

Processing audio files with GigaPulse Pro

I've got some dry audio tracks saved as wave files and I'd like to apply GigaPulse to them.

I've not used ReWire before, but from the manuals it looks like it is MIDI in - Audio out. I want to: Play a wave file - Audio in - GigaPulse processing - Audio out - Save as a wave file.

I can think of three ways to accomplish this:

1) Get GigaPulse VST.

I'd rather not spend the cash to buy GigaPulse again, thanks.

2) Play audio from a DAW into an audio output. Route back into an audio input. Using GSIF-2 send the audio to Giga and do the Pulse thing. Capture to wave.

I don't have GSIF-2, so this is a moot point.

3) Create a gig with one long wave file. Make a midi file that plays the note and holds it for the duration of the wave file. Play the midi sequence. Do the Pulse. Capture to wave. Or use ReWire to do the same thing.

This should work, but it's not real efficient in terms of workflow. Any better ideas?

-JF

Re: Processing audio files with GigaPulse Pro

Set up as if you're going to mix the tracks.
    GigaPulse shuld show up in your mixer as one of the possible effects, like your waves plug-ins etc.

Good idea GTBannah, but it didn't work. GigaPulse Pro doesn't appear to be a VST. I can see stuff from Cakewalk/Sonic Fountry/Sony/etc, but nothing from Tascam. It would be really cool if GPulse Pro was also a VST.

It's really important to be able to put my recorded audio into the same space as my virtual instruments. Any other ideas?

-JF

Strange ....
    I thought that was one of the "Features" they were hyping up whan they talked about ReWire capability in GS3.

I guess it's the "old fashioned" way then. Export the tracks as waves then inport them into GIGA and process them there.

There has to be a way to do what you want via ReWire ....

Bruuuuuuce?!

andyt

The GigaPulse that comes with GigaStudio isn't a VST ... its a NX (ie GigaStudio's proprietary) based standard. It can only be hosted in GigaStudio.

Rewire will route audio OUT from gigastudio INTO your sequencer, where you can apply any FX you have accessible to your sequencer. It doesn't work the other way round (at least in this implementation).

GSIF2 is the means to use GigaPulse on audio generated OUTSIDE GigaStudio.

This is where I start to speculate ... 'cause I haven't got a GSIF2 soundcard
    If you have a GSIF2 soundcard, than GigaStudio should appear as an audio connection in your sequencer.

You're last idea Jon is ingenious, but could get rather tiresome.

Go Back to forum