• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3 and Aardvark Q10

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Giga 3 and Aardvark Q10

I'd like to thank this community for being so helpful! I've lurked for years, but only having a small, project studio, didn't feel I had much to contribute. This forum has helped my little recordings out a lot!!

In the interests of getting Giga 3 issues and workarounds out I want to post my experience.

(1) Loaded Giga 3. Near the end I received the following error message...
    "GLJ4.tmp
    The procedure point ?Get Message Map@CEW@@XZ could not be found in the dynamic link library EWCTL32.dll"

(2) Finsihed loading, rebooted, went to Configuration and the midi in ports were greyed out.... severe dissapointment!!

(3) Uninstalled Giga 3 (NOT using gigaclean...I read Bruces's comments)

(4) No Aardvark midi inputs for either Sonar or Samplitude after reboot

(5) Reinstalled 7.14 drivers - Samp and Sonar have restored midi ins. Great rejoicing!!!

(6) Reload Giga 3. Get same error message and again... NO midi ins.

(7) Workaround... after installing Giga 3, I reloaded the Aadvark drivers and Configuration at last noticed I had midi inputs.

(8) Opened Giga 3, Giga Piano II and it worked!!!!!!!!

I haven't had time to see if other things in Giga 3 work, but thought this might be a help for those with Aardvark cards.

Questions for Synthetic or anyone....

(1) What does the error message mean? No clue here

(2) Anyone else experience the same problem with Aardvark Q10?

Thanks again to all the great people on this forum. It's been a god send to someone living in a small town in Central Oregon.

George Klos

Re: Giga 3 and Aardvark Q10

Quote Originally Posted by George Klos
    I'd like to thank this community for being so helpful! I've lurked for years, but only having a small, project studio, didn't feel I had much to contribute. This forum has helped my little recordings out a lot!!

In the interests of getting Giga 3 issues and workarounds out I want to post my experience.

(1) Loaded Giga 3. Near the end I received the following error message...
    "GLJ4.tmp
    The procedure point ?Get Message Map@CEW@@XZ could not be found in the dynamic link library EWCTL32.dll"

George Klos
    I received the same error Msg. but everything worked fine for me, no problems.

Go Back to forum