• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Chat - Friday Sept. 3rd

Share/Bookmark

GPO Chat - Friday Sept. 3rd

Please join us for our weekly chat today.

Chat time is 1300 (1 PM Pacific), 1600 (Eastern), 2100 (UK), 0600 (Sydney) - (usually Fridays and Sundays)

To participate use an IRC client and go to :

IRC server is Quakenet
    Channel is #garritan

You can also try the WebChat web browser at
    www.gpo-webchat.de.vu .

All are welcome.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Chat - Friday Sept. 3rd

Missed the chat (again). Is there a transcript posted anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Please join us for our weekly chat today.

Chat time is 1300 (1 PM Pacific), 1600 (Eastern), 2100 (UK), 0600 (Sydney) - (usually Fridays and Sundays)

To participate use an IRC client and go to :

IRC server is Quakenet
    Channel is #garritan

You can also try the WebChat web browser at
    www.gpo-webchat.de.vu .

All are welcome.

Gary Garritan

Due to the secrecy of the subjects we discuss, we do not have transcripts of the chat sessions. We could give you a run down of the recent happenings if you are able to join the next one, which will occur most likely tomorrow 9/10/04.

Please be advised that this message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Thanks for the reply. When I try the chat link to get more info I get an error page.

Also, is the Chat client Mac compatible, or is this a PC-only discussion? Hopefully, it's a cross-platform Java thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Due to the secrecy of the subjects we discuss, we do not have transcripts of the chat sessions. We could give you a run down of the recent happenings if you are able to join the next one, which will occur most likely tomorrow 9/10/04.

Please be advised that this message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

You could try Mozilla's (free) built in IRC chat client, Chatzilla. That's what I use. You can download Mozilla at www.mozilla.org I use it as my browser at home anyway (since there's almost no security issues) and the chat function works great when I use it. It is pretty easy to figure out and configure. I can give you the info later if you want. Another option is to use MIRC, which I'm assuming is Mac compatible.

Ya know! It has gotten to be a very frustrating round of events for me. Every time I try to download or set something up I get error issues or nothing happens at all!
    Talk about remaining PC illiterate. This jive cosmic debris doesn't get any user friendlier. Oh, well have a nice chat.
    Styxx

I dunno. I'm a bit gunshy on Mozilla after it smoked my file directory about 18 months ago. Safari works great for me and besides, nobody takes the time to attempt a mac hack anyway...

Anyway, I'm a bit new to this chat thing, so excuse the lame question to follow but: Why does the GPO crowd need to "geek out" for chatting? Why not a simple AIM or Yahoo chat? No apps to download or set-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    You could try Mozilla's (free) built in IRC chat client, Chatzilla. That's what I use. You can download Mozilla at www.mozilla.org I use it as my browser at home anyway (since there's almost no security issues).....Another option is to use MIRC, which I'm assuming is Mac compatible.

I'd drop in for a minute, but I gotta get ready for Grandparent's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    There still a sunday one? Us hurricane people need relief!
    If I only had a brain I would while around the chat room. And chat with all the people. If I only had a brain.

I just can't seem to figure this out? Where do I find the Firewall control on XP professional?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum