• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GS3 Doesn't work with RME and other bugs

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Doesn't work with RME and other bugs

Has anybody gotten this to work yet?

First off, the startup code shows me a "license agreement" I'm suppsosed to agree to but only the punctuation is visible. All the text appears as white-on-white.

Then it seems to be hosed with respect to the HDSP 9652.

The output side appears to work. However intalling GS3 causes all the non-Giga apps to lose the ability to see the HDSP MIDI ins. GigaStudio shows HDSP 1 and 2 "Low Latency" devices, but they appear to do NOTHING in Giga (the little blinky lights that normally twitch with midi traffic don't twitch). If I try to cheat and reinstall the HDSP driver at this point (or just deinstall GS3), the other apps go back to normal, but GigaStudio gets an error when it starts.(if I manually bring up the config screen it shows both HDSP 1&2 and HDSP 1&2 Low Latency, none of which work).

By the way, if you really gigaclean your system, you get hosed over the fact that 10 day grace period disappears and that TASCAM didn't send the auth codes with the software. Had to revert the old 2.5 stuff and start over. I've blown about four hours on this and I'm worse off than when I started.

-Ron

Re: GS3 Doesn't work with RME and other bugs

Ron,

The GigaClean utility is supposed to only be used in the context of removing GS 2.54, before you install GS3.

Also, do you have the most current drivers? I just looked at the RME website and there appears to be something that has a date of 7/14/04 on it:
    http://www.rme-audio.com/download/w2dsp282.zip

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/dow...HAMMERFALL_DSP

My system came up clean (Echo MIA), but I've been in your shoes before. Troubleshooting builds character.

It sounds like a call to customer service is in order. You can get your registration code and get help with your system at the same time.

Best of luck. I find that beer helps.

-JF

it seems to me that you have some dead or corrupt midi driver in your win.ini.
    go to start and click on the button bellow search (i have no idea how this would be named in english) in there you type sysedit. then you look for the win.ini page. scroll down and look if there are midi ports installed which are not used or double installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Disko300
    it seems to me that you have some dead or corrupt midi driver in your win.ini.
    go to start and click on the button bellow search (i have no idea how this would be named in english) in there you type sysedit. then you look for the win.ini page. scroll down and look if there are midi ports installed which are not used or double installed.
    i think www.rme-audio.com explains this better. there is a text which is named like something like 10 audio or midi devices bug in the tech archive.

It's not the 10 midi bug, familiar with that.

Evidentally, RME lied to me and they only did GSIF2 for the audio. The card doesn't support GSIF-2 MIDI.

I needed more MIDI ins than the 2 on the RME anyway. Anybody want to recommend a good GSIF2 MIDI card with 4-8 ports?

However something else seems to be wrong. GS3 hoses the midi drivers in general. I can't even get the card to work with non-GS applications when GS3 is installed. The workarounds I've tried end up also wiping out the GS3 MIDI-ins (the 8 of them did show up at one point) along with my GPO studio MIDI-ins.

I fear I'm going to have to wipe out this machine and start over.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Ron,

If the RME card is not yet supporting GSIF-2, that should not matter. You should still be getting MIDI.

I am going to post another topic about GigaClean, because people should know this aspect of it. I hope my earlier post didn't mislead you into thinking you should run GigaClean after an install (but before you have registration info). You must have your registration info if you use GigaClean, because it wipes all licensing...EVERYTHING to do with Giga off your computer. It the ultimate nuke. But, as you would probably surmise from this, if you could run any "free" registration after such a nuke, then a person would be able to use it over and over to thwart the protection.

I am waiting for my copy of GS3 and own an RME Hammerfall card. I am now worried about my new install. Does anyone else have GS3 running with this card without problems?

When you change the RME-driver, clean the old driver from "control panel/software" and "Control panel/system/Hardware" and restart.(dont know the korrect english words-have german XP version)

Then install the new one using the readme file exactly.

(The newest driver supports gsif2!)

Go Back to forum