• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Powercore!!!

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Powercore!!!

Hey, now I am NOT taking powercore out of my machine, with the Sony Oxford plugin bundle, bringing a total to $1500 for some of the best eqs and compressors, this comes as a shock. I guess I will not be able to upgrade until this is worked out. Any others in the same boat??? Glad I did not preorder!!! HELP

Re: Powercore!!!

It says "POSSIBLE"

Is there a problem with GigaStudio 3 and powercore?

Quote Originally Posted by KicknGuitar
    Hey, now I am NOT taking powercore out of my machine, with the Sony Oxford plugin bundle, bringing a total to $1500 for some of the best eqs and compressors, this comes as a shock. I guess I will not be able to upgrade until this is worked out. Any others in the same boat??? Glad I did not preorder!!! HELP
    I'm in the same boat. I am NOT going to part with my Powercore. I would like to upgrade to GS3, but this issue needs to be resolved first. As I've said before, very disappointing. To have patiently waited all this time, and now this . . ..
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    It says "POSSIBLE"
    Well, it also says "This device should not be connected to your GS3 computer."

Excuse me, but I only have one computer. This is extremely frustrating. Powercore represents a major investment.
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I would suggest a call to Tascam Tech Support, and I would wait to upgrade if I were you.

The exact text in the "GS3 Known Issues" document is:

Testing has revealed possible incompatibilities between GS3 and TC PowerCore. This device should not be connected to your GS3 computer.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I personally don't have any idea whether it will work or not, or what incompatibilities were reported.

When the known issues were compiled, I know that the person compiling them was extremely liberal with his criteria, meaning that if anyone reported any issues which were even somewhat substantiated, they made the list. The idea was to err on the side of caution.

Perhaps Synthetic can speak to the person who made the list, and by doing so, find the tester who reported the issues. I am sure this is frustrating to you, but it's just one of those situations where you have two "rule-breaker" products competing for one system. Most likely, it can be worked out.

One thought: You might be able to create an alternate profile which disables the Powercore (without taking it out) for using GigaStudio. That is just a speculation, of course, since I don't own the piece and can't try it for you.

And it could be that things would work just fine for you. Hopefully, Synthetic can ferret out this information for you, and get you a better idea of the specific incident that warranted the inclusion in the known issues document.

Yes, that would be fine, altho I would still love to pull the "goodies" directly in and use them in GS3, and if most powercore systems end up working, then I will take my chances and try it. thanks for the reply.

I read on our bugtracking database that launching GS3, at least for one tester, caused his Powercore to be almost completely maxed. Even though GS3 isn't supposed to be accessing Powercore, for some reason it is being oevrloaded by simply starting GS3. So there seems to be some sort of incompatibility there. The engineering team is aware of it and is looking for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    The engineering team is aware of it and is looking for a solution.
    That's great! Thanks!
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum