• Register
  • Help

Topic: It even makes sounds!

Share/Bookmark

It even makes sounds!

I uninstalled GS2.5 - and cleared the registry of all thing Nemesys for good measure. The install went smoothly. I loaded up GP2. This piano is useful! Perfect for honky tonk blues. I tried a few things through GigaPulse. Sounds awesome. My 12-year-old son's jaw dropped on the floor when I demo'd GPulse and toggled the bypass button.

The only problem that I've had is that my processor is a bit weak for GPiano II. (It's an XP 2200.) I got some clicks on the pedal and some overload effects - notes would repeat when it got too hairy. It played the non-modelled version fine.

My system: Echo MIA with the latest drivers, AMD 2200, Win XP Pro, 1.5GB RAM, Seagate 7,200 RPM drives.

Time to look for good deals on fast processors!

One other thing: GS3 feels more responsive that GS2.5. For instance, the GigaPulse Bypass button works reasonably quickly. Shutting down the program happens NOW. I have the impression that this software is more stable than 2.5 already. I haven't gone into the dark corners yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

I like it!

-JF

Re: It even makes sounds!

GigaPiano II is probably the most processor-intensive Giga instrument ever. Not one but two instances of GigaPulse -- add a third for a little room ambience -- and 24-bit multisamples.

How about that PMI Bosendorfer 290 demo?! Also very useful. There are a bunch of piano demos on there, I forget how many.

You guys are killing me. My head is spinning with anticipation.

John,

There is a note in the GS3 Known Issues paper (the gold one in the box) that mentions the possibility of popping in the audio with GigaPianoII. Their suggestion is to increase the audio buffer size

Gigapulse demo !!! Gigapulse demo !!!

Will it be possible to install it into my Win98 computers ? Will I have to upgrade to XP ?

Does GS3 are able to use more RAM ? With GS2.5 (on XP), I have 100% at only 2/3 of my Win98 computer.

I will try to install it on my computer which has windows 2000. It *should* work since XP is based on the same technology and I have service pack four.

On the former Tascam forum, they told me it would be compatable with win2k.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    The only problem that I've had is that my processor is a bit weak for GPiano II. (It's an XP 2200.) I got some clicks on the pedal and some overload effects - notes would repeat when it got too hairy. It played the non-modelled version fine.
    -JF
    OK, here's where it gets good.

Open GPiano II in the editor, then convert it to 16 bit accelerated-dithered.

Once you're done, save it to another file name.

Now you'll have a 16-bit version which you should be able to play just fine (with modeling).

Go Back to forum