• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase SX question

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SX question

Hi guys,
    I am new here and i'm not sure if this is the place to post this question.Hopefully, someone can help me.
    I am using Cubase SX to sequence and I want to record my MIDI as audio files within Cubase. How do you record your sequences as audio within the same program? I am also using Gigastudio for my samples. How do you do this step by step? I'm new to technology!
    Thank you very much!
    S

Re: Cubase SX question

Quote Originally Posted by Stevethemusicman
    Hi guys,
    I am new here and i'm not sure if this is the place to post this question.Hopefully, someone can help me.
    I am using Cubase SX to sequence and I want to record my MIDI as audio files within Cubase. How do you record your sequences as audio within the same program? I am also using Gigastudio for my samples. How do you do this step by step? I'm new to technology!
    Thank you very much!
    S
    Hi,

That's the most commonly asked question amongst all Cubase users, and I've asked it myself! First the answer on handling conventional MIDI instruments:

There are two methods. The easy one is if you have a firewire or USB audio interface which has a software mixer and can easily route the output from either your sound module or MIDI synth "back into" itself, in which case you can export that track to audio just like your other audio tracks.

If you have a more conventional sound card, then you'll need to route the output of your MIDI synth to the line input of the Sound card then record the output from the Sound Card as audio.

Second: Your Giga sounds:-

Almost all sampled sounds like these ARE audio, even though they show up as MIDI tracks in Cubase SX. If you have for instance recorded 6 different sampled sounds on six different MIDI tracks and you're running out of RAM, You can mix them all down to one stereo audio track by using the EXPORT function (File menu extreme top left in Cubase SX), and free up more memory for some more sampled MIDI tracks.

Sounds complicated but once you've done it a couple of times it becomes second nature.

Kind Regards,

Trebath

Re: Cubase SX question

Thank You very much!
    I really appreciate your help!
    Sincerely,
    S

Go Back to forum