• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Woodwind Libraries, where are they?

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind Libraries, where are they?

Is there only Dan Dean offering a woodwind library. VSL offers their library with brass included. What if you wanted VSL Strings, SAM Brass.......what options do you have for wind instruments besides Dan Dean?

Re: Woodwind Libraries, where are they?

Westgate Woodwinds, GPO (very nice for the price and you get a whole orchestra), East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra (full orchestra) there's all kinds check out House of Samples or Truespec or any sample library vendor for more options.

GPO and EW/QL are complete packages. I am really just speaking of an independent library dedicated to winds. This way you can build your library based on the best options, mixing libraries together. I hope Sonic Implants release a wind library because their new brass library sounds great!

That's why I mentioned Westgate, check them out.

You can purchase only the QLSO Platinum woodwind module separately...I don´t like only the basson and the clarinet , all the rest are very expressive!!!
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

You can hear demos for the Westgate Studios Woodwind Collection at the following link.

http://www.westgatestudios.com

They are an affordable alternative to some of the other libraries, especially if you only need woodwinds.

We'll soon be embarking on some new projects that will take advantage of the full power of Gigastudio 3. We're looking at creating a modular system where you can buy only the instruments you need.
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Let's not forget VSL's French Oboe release which besides the oboe includes a superb English horn and a fantastic-sounding Eb clarinet. And of course VSL has a separate woodwind ensemble release too.

Quote Originally Posted by timzydee
    You can hear demos for the Westgate Studios Woodwind Collection at the following link.

http://www.westgatestudios.com

They are an affordable alternative to some of the other libraries, especially if you only need woodwinds.

We'll soon be embarking on some new projects that will take advantage of the full power of Gigastudio 3. We're looking at creating a modular system where you can buy only the instruments you need.
    Tim,

You will be pleased to hear that your collection is reviewed in the current Sound on Sound and received 4/5!!! It was a very positive review.
    I still haven't used mine yet!!!

Frank

Project SAM is letting forum members vote for their next library. Currently SAM Woodwinds is leading with 6 votes, a bit meager to my opinion. It would be great if they would record sections as well.

http://projectsam.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=152

Quote Originally Posted by timzydee
    Create real legato instruments and you will have yourself a customer.

Go Back to forum