• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gary...What a stinker!

Share/Bookmark

Gary...What a stinker!

The weather in Britain (Great) has been a real stinker! You will be sorry to hear that Gary's stay in Britain has coincided with the wettest August in memory!! Really Rotten Ruck (as our far Eastern friends might say).

This weekend is meant to be better and I'm keeping my finger's crossed that Gary gets the chance to see some of Scotland and Edinburgh with the benefit of direct sunlight (which transforms the place into one of the most beautiful places on earth......as long as he dodges the midgies!)

My folks used to say, of Scottish weather, " Nine months of winter and three months of bloody bad weather!"

Frank
    PS...In fact there was a glimpse of sun here this morning.....the first time for quite a few days!....Still, if that's what you've got to pay for a temperate climate......

Re: Gary...What a stinker!

Are you sure you don't live in Beefalo New York Mr. H.? What you have described is our weather to a "T"! Except when it gets sunny Beefalo looks the same, boring drab and dreary.
    Styxx

I didn't know it ever stopped raining in Scotland. And don't worry about it - Gary is from Seatle where, I hear, they have a bit of rain on occasion.
    Trent P. McDonald

I'd just like to say that Gary and his wife got over in one piece and are enjoying the Scottish scene...they have gone for a journey into the Highlands today....oh, and just to let you know that the sun is beaming outside my window as I write this...sorry to dissapoint on the rain thing.

Ged

PNW

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    I'd just like to say that Gary and his wife got over in one piece and are enjoying the Scottish scene...they have gone for a journey into the Highlands today....oh, and just to let you know that the sun is beaming outside my window as I write this...sorry to dissapoint on the rain thing.

Ged

PNW
    I do hope that you're kidding?? I'm certainly not disappointed...... on the contrary I'm delighted and relieved to hear it! Brilliant! I wouldn't want Gary to be disillusioned after all my advertising! Why on earth would I be disappointed?? What a weird thing to say!!

I had assumed that since there was a landslide in Perthshire (just north of Edinburgh) that you had also had a heck of a lot of rain! I mean it was even on television a few days ago!!

Frank

Hey Frank et al,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My folks used to say, of Scottish weather, " Nine months of winter and three months of bloody bad weather!"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming from the USA heartland, I was so looking forward to spending Friday night practicing with GPO, because it's the weekend and I don't have to work until Monday, and guess what? Lightning Storms! Which make paranoid me have to unplug everything from the wall because I don't want my little rig turned into toast.

So I had to waste time socializing with friends, cleaning up the apartment, generally behaving like a normal, responsible healthy person who has varied interests and concerns. What a drag!

Plus, I'm an American but come from Irish immigrants, so maybe 9 celsius (48F) and drizzling is my natural habitat. It's too hot and muggy here.

Michael

Scottish Texan here.

Well it’s been blue sky and smooth waters here on the beaches of Texas.

But it is 200000 degrees and 98% humidity !!!!!!! My lawn looks like Cambodia in some places and like a desert in others. If someone throws down a cigarette, my whole island will light up! So you guys enjoy the rain!...
    Don’t eat the Haggis Gary! Trust me on this!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Greetings from tropical Scotland!

Having a wonderful time here and the weather has been good (perfect for wearing my kilt ). Yesterday we took a tour with writer Francis Ellen through the highlands and saw the glens, hills, lochs, castles and quaint villages. The night before we attended a fantastic guitar quartet concert featuring one of Scotland's finest guitarist: Ged Brockie. The fish and chips lives up to its reputation but the haggis das ice cream is a little odd. The Edinburgh festival is mammoth with music everywhere. Maybe we'll sample some bagpipes. Looking forward to meeting some or our GPO forum members here. Also looking forward to the GPO class and Creative Edinburgh. More soon.

Cherrio!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Greetings from tropical Scotland!

Having a wonderful time here and the weather has been good (perfect for wearing my kilt ). Yesterday we took a tour with writer Francis Ellen through the highlands and saw the glens, hills, lochs, castles and quaint villages. The night before we attended a fantastic guitar quartet concert featuring one of Scotland's finest guitarist: Ged Brockie.
    'Scottie' I deduce!
    The fish and chips lives up to its reputation but the haggis das ice cream is a little odd. The Edinburgh festival is mammoth with music everywhere. Maybe we'll sample some bagpipes. Looking forward to meeting some or our GPO forum members here. Also looking forward to the GPO class and Creative Edinburgh. More soon.

Cherrio!

Gary

Who'se going to be the first to digitally insert Gary into a virtual kilt?....let's not hold back...make it a full piper's regalia !

Frank

PS You guys are right....the only thing worse than too much rain is too little. It does kerb outdoor activities though. Planning an outdoor event in the summer here is a complete lottery....but hey it's home and I mustn't complain! Even the Romans remarked on it following their invasion of Britain 2059yrs ago! I expect if they hadn't invaded us we probably, still, wouldn't have had any decent roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Who'se going to be the first to digitally insert Gary into a virtual kilt?....let's not hold back...make it a full piper's regalia !
    Sure no problem.... but does anyone have a good picture of Gary ?

Go Back to forum