• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New piece, first section...

Share/Bookmark

New piece, part 1 - LINK OK

GPO080704

Gary and a couple other folks had said that they liked how I posted the Viking saga in sections as I was working on it, so I figured I'd share this new piece in "serial" format as well. This section still needs some work, but I like to keep moving ahead while I'm working on things and go back later and fix things.

This seems to go a few different directions in a hurry. It's probably not as cohesive sounding as the Viking piece (if that even was cohesive), but I like the adventure of not knowing where something is taking you as you're composing, so I'm having a lot of fun with this one, too.

Comments and suggestions welcome, though I reserve the right to respectfully disregard them (per my posts in the "opinions/critiques" thread).
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: New piece, first section...

Shaz,

I like what I heard so far. After the intro when the quiet section began, I felt like the music portraying a garden scene. Then when you stretched the tonality, I could envision a character feeling an emotion of confusion or uncertainty. What's you're inspiration here? Keep going.

JT

Unhappy Re: New piece, first section...

Figures, I get all excited that the great Shazbot has another piece for us and I can't access the link. Have to try when I get home. This isn't the return voyage is it?
    Styxx

Hmm, link works fine for me, and Jeff got it alright, so...
    Here's the direct link, if you want to try putting it into your media player as a URL - http://www.endresnet.com/GPO080704T.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Shaz,
    What's you're inspiration here?
    You mentioned a garden scene, and I was thinking more of a "forest" for that part. So it is definitely vegetation of some kind! The beginning seems kind of 'pastoral', but then it gets more serious before the foresty part. I'm thinking maybe it begins with some kind of idyllic village scene... children running through fields, cows mooing, butter churning... but then some trouble comes a callin', and it becomes a journey through the wilderness, or something like that.

But to be honest, I don't usually think of any of that kind of stuff until after the fact. I just plays with the little notes until they sound all nicey nicey, and then listening back later they might conjure up some image for me.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    I'm thinking maybe it begins with some kind of idyllic village scene... children running through fields, cows mooing, butter churning... but then some trouble comes a callin'
    Maybe the Vikings are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Maybe the Vikings are coming.
    No. No Vikings this time! How about the Visigoths??
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I enjoyed watching your Viking Saga unfold a little at a time. Unfortunately I'm having trouble downloading this.
    Trent P. McDonald

Hmm, it seems as though my web server was in and out a bit today. Seems okay now, so you may want to try it again. Or just wait until the next installment... (cue cliffhanger music)
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

It seems that your site is still down, Shaz. I guess I'll just have to chomp at the bit for the next installment!! :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Yup, I changed services with my web hosting company last week, and there seems to be some issue with that. It seems to be okay every now and then, but then it's not. Just waiting to hear back again from them. I'll just post again once it seems alright. I've already made some changes in the piece and gone a little further, so I might as well wait until I've got a bit more to share. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast