• Register
  • Help

Topic: amd 64 bits or p4

Share/Bookmark

amd 64 bits or p4

i´m planning to buy a new pc and i don´t know which cpu works better with gigastudio.
    athlon 64 or p4?
    thanks guys.

Re: amd 64 bits or p4

Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO BOTTICELLI
    i´m planning to buy a new pc and i don´t know which cpu works better with gigastudio.
    athlon 64 or p4?
    thanks guys.

Found this report that might help you. I am wondering the same thing. Check it out.

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2...t/index.x?pg=1

According to those that have received GS3 already, 64 bit processors are not supported.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

I don't have any AMD 64's, but we have opterons (and nakona's). I'm tempted to try GS3 on one if I have one that will boot WIN32 right now.

I'm not sure what gain there is for running the 64 bit capable pentia without the 64 bit OS.

There's an article in the New issue of SoundOnSound that would be of interest in this regard. The word is that it does make a difference

Actually with the Intel chips if you have the multiprocessor versions, you'd be better off with the 32 bit chip.

Cool Re: amd 64 bits or p4

With Cubase SX3 and HALion3 with the 64-bit version of Windows you get native 64 bit power and 4GB of addressable memory space. M-Audio already has a beta driver out for WinXP64 - and I might be seeing an early Christmas this year. Dual proc Opteron systems - HERE I COME!

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

thanks guys for the help.

Unhappy Re: amd 64 bits or p4

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    With Cubase SX3 and HALion3 with the 64-bit version of Windows you get native 64 bit power and 4GB of addressable memory space. M-Audio already has a beta driver out for WinXP64 - and I might be seeing an early Christmas this year. Dual proc Opteron systems - HERE I COME!

My only worry is that with all new technologies there will be bugs in the beginning (especially with the OS). Although MS is pushing developers toward 64bit in Q1 of 2005 to coincide with Intels 64bit release. A dual Opteron would be nice though!

Go Back to forum