• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adding orchestration to old mixes

Share/Bookmark

Adding orchestration to old mixes - (Link is fixed)

My first posting of mp3s. Here's an example of how I am using GPO on a project for my band, "CrossWalk." Each file is about 3 MB in size. The first link is the original song. The second link is the song with a little help from GPO. Comments?

Original links were bad, see post below for right one...

Jim
    Last edited by mistahamma; 08-20-2004 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Bad link

Re: Adding orchestration to old mixes

I have been forbidden to listen to your songs by the Yahoo police.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I have been forbidden to listen to your songs by the Yahoo police.
    Yeah, bunch of yahoos for sure. Maybe try here, the two songs will be seen in a list, labelled "Before" and "After":

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/.../music&.view=l

Freakin awesome dood. Just playing, seriously, I love the way GPO's winds sound integrated into the mix. It really added to the song. Took nothing away, that's for sure. Thank you for sharing this with us!

The song sounds more complete with the GPO parts. Nice job.
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Re: Adding orchestration to old mixes - (Link is fixed)

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's been a fun project.

Jim

Re: Adding orchestration to old mixes - (Link is fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    Interesting and fun experience to listen to GPO in a different atmosphere! Thanks
    Yeah, totally different atmosphere. I hope someday to maybe graduate to "composer", I really wear more of a producer/arranger hat. I hoped people would find this interesting. I don't recall seeing anything else demonstrated like this, using GPO more or less as "seasoning" in the context of a full contemporary pop-rock arrangement. I'm finishing up another song which uses a lot more pieces, building and building, winds at the beginning, a little glockenspiel, adds string section in the middle, and ends with some nice big brass fanfare parts on top of it all. Sounds just enormous with the band.

Thanks for the comments-

Jim

Makes a nice change Jim....great arrangement....love the guitar solos too.....they are real presumably?

Thanks

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Makes a nice change Jim....great arrangement....love the guitar solos too.....they are real presumably?

Thanks

Frank
    Thanks, Frank! Yes, the guitar is real. That's me playing my old Gibson Sonex. Was on the verge of feedback the whole time. Worked out pretty nice at the end - I was holding a sustained "F" barre chord and I turned to face the amp, which started feeding back into a nice "E", which worked with the C chord where the song was to finally resolve. One of those great unplanned studio moments.

Jim

Go Back to forum