• Register
  • Help

Topic: G3 Doesn't Ship This Week!

Share/Bookmark

G3 Doesn't Ship This Week!

So, someone ordered GS3 today and was told it would be shipping next week. October is seeming more and more realistic.

Re: G3 Doesn't Ship This Week!

What a shock.

I'm in shock.

See this post -- shipping Monday, August 23rd.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23596

October? No way...

Why would you believe anything that comes from Tascam, unofficially or otherwise?

Up 'til now we've heard estimates. Optimistic estimates. Case in point was when the Gold DVDs were done - and Synthetic underestimated the time to get the DVDs duped and packaged. And then there were the estimates made eight months before the software was done. Believe me, estimating a large software task is a biitch. There are many books on the subject - and none of them have a formula that really works.

It now seems that things are in hand. And Monday, the 23rd is the day. Shipping has named the same date as Synthetic. Tascam now seems to be in sync.

Note that they didn't tell us "two weeks". Ship date is less than one week away.

Two weeks is a software estimate. One week is a plan.

Estimates are guestimates. They're WAGs (Wild Asz Guesses). They're often wrong. You can't take them too seriously. And you certainly can't characterize them as lies. No one has perfected the crystal ball to my knowledge.

Now Tascam has a plan. Odds are that they will meet it. But there are no sure things in life. I'd bet money that they hit the date. But I wouldn't bet my life. I still don't have the bugs worked out of my soothsayer program...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by peter0302
    Why would you believe anything that comes from Tascam, unofficially or otherwise?
    Peter,

My suggestion -- let go of all of your frustration. Your recent posts seem very angry (..Tascam are liars, .. etc.)

Why? That leads to the dark side?

Go Back to forum