• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Voter fraud

Share/Bookmark

Voter fraud

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi All,

I received this on another list. It was written in 1rst person so I believe these events actually heppened recently. I checked some Urban Legends sites (just in case) and came up empty. I would suggest everyone check their voter registration, especially those in traditionally Democratic districts. This could be Florida all over again.

The original poster included phone numbers and other contact information which I have edited out for privacy reasons from this post.

Steve Chandler
    http://www.audiostreet.net/stevechandler
    http://www.soundclick.com/stevechandler

================================================== ==============

Dear friends,

I want to warn you about a new kind of voter fraud we just learned about the hard way yesterday. Most of you know my son Joseph. When my family went to the polls to vote, Ben and I were able to, but Joseph, who had been on the rolls and voted in the last election, was unable to because his name did not appear on the voter registration rolls for our precinct. At the time this happened, only about 5 or 6 people came and went in the polling place (midday), but one other man, a regular all the poll workers recognized, also found he was off the rolls. He left before we finished trying to clear it up and before we could offer him a ride downtown to the Election Commission, where we went next (and spent much of the hottest afternoon this year). We never saw him down there and figure he probably didn't go because of work or transportation. Or maybe just the hassle.

We assumed it was just some computer glitch. At 18th & Walnut, they were swamped, but we waited. It turned out that Joseph had been reregistered by someone who had his birthdate and the last four digits of his SS# at a new address in another precinct. Joseph was concerned about identity theft, naturally, but the director of elections, who had had to take his case, assured him that it was simple voter fraud. She was seeing a lot of it. She said an organization had paid someone to reregister him. When he asked how they could have his personal information, she said it was because organizations could and did buy the rolls and that info was on them. (Incidentally, this is no criticism of the Election Commission. They handled it as well as they could under the circumstances.)

This is a nearly flawless scheme of voter fraud. No one is thrown off the rolls, so no red flags in the system go up. But when you're moved to another precinct on the rolls without your knowledge, the only way you can vote is to go down to the central office and wait to have it taken care of individually. People move and reregister every day, and legitimate organizations like Rock the Vote often send in bundles of registrations from events. You can't even learn the true extent of it since many voters can't take the time from work or haven't the transportation to go downtown and spend hours straightening out so they can vote. And without them doing that, it looks just like a legitimate change-of-address.

We don't think it's any coincidence that we live in a predominantly African American, overwhelmingly Democratic precinct. Last night at an event at the Kerry headquarters in town, I spoke with an African American woman who had three friends at work all suddenly gone from the rolls of their normal polling place. All live in different mostly black, strongly Democratic precincts. None of them went downtown. All had to go on to work. Look at November and see what we're facing.

Joseph has given the state Kerry campaign a written statement about this. After he posted it on his live journal to encourage his friends to check their registration before November or vote absentee, a reporter from the Pitch interviewed him by phone and a representative of the Western Missouri ACLU asked him to send a statement to them, which he's doing. I think we need to get the word out about this as widely as possible and encourage people to check their voter registration address before the elections or vote ahead of time by absentee ballot (where the discrepancy will show up before the election and can be fixed).

You all know how critical this election is. Please pass this information on to everyone you can, and take any opportunity you have to publicize it so people will know about it and protect their right to vote.

Let's get the word out and try to keep a slicker version of what happened in Florida in 2000 from happening here in 2004.

Re: Voter fraud

I have to wonder... if someone was going to pull something like this, why pull it during the primaries? I'd think they'd want to wait and spring it before the actual election. Still, very interesting and troubleing if true.

Was this dated November 2000, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Was this dated November 2000, by any chance?
    Negative, it was dated Sunday August 15th. This is current information.

Steve

Great, so you are willing to go to war with your own country...just not anybody else. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    Great, so you are willing to go to war with your own country...just not anybody else. Perfect.
    Not against the country. For the country. Against those who would steal our country from us. To preserve our democracy. To be truly patriotic.

Let's hope that those who would steal our elections never, ever succeed.

-JF

I see, so you are both for it as a symbol of principal, ....but against it, in so far as actually doing it. Yep, Kerry is "definitely" your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Not against the country. For the country. Against those who would steal our country from us. To preserve our democracy. To be truly patriotic.

Let's hope that those who would steal our elections never, ever succeed.

-JF
    That democracy has already been fought for and paid for and preserved by patriotic americans. And the electoral college is part of that democracy...as are states rights and their role in it. There have always been voting irregularities, mistakes, fraud, you name it, in every election. That's why mechanisms exist in our "democracy" to deal with them.

There are procedures to deal with removing elected officials, including presidents before their term is up. There are even procedures and mechanisms and rights to contest election results. But, once followed, and those procedures have run their course, you accept those results whether you win OR loose. That IS our democracy!!

You don't throw a bloody coup cause you don't like the results of that process that IS our democracy. You could have a revolution, to "replace" that democracy with some other form of gov. But, then, that wouldn't be protecting our democracy ..but seeking to overthrow it and get rid of it.
    For that, you should probably talk to France, ..they might help.

Just an update: we're not a Democracy. We're a Constitutional Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    Just an update: we're not a Democracy. We're a Constitutional Republic.
    But the leaders of the republic are democratically elected, for the most part. Take away the elections and the government has no legitimacy.

-JF

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast