• Register
  • Help

Topic: dedicated hard drive for GPO?

Share/Bookmark

dedicated hard drive for GPO?

Is a dedicated hard drive for GPO recommended? (I plan to upgrade to 2.5 GB of RAM and use it with Cubase SX 2.0.)

Thanks!

Qbert

PS. ClarificationL: I have a dedicated HD for audio recording, but am referring to a drive for the sample files.

Re: dedicated hard drive for GPO?

A dedicated drive is not necessary if you don't use DFD. With 2.5 GB of memory you shouldn't need to use DFD. Also, performance is not as good with DFD enabled from my testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    A dedicated drive is not necessary if you don't use DFD. With 2.5 GB of memory you shouldn't need to use DFD. Also, performance is not as good with DFD enabled from my testing.
    Where exactly is this DFD I hear about? I assume it means direct from disk.

Just what I needed to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn

Kitekrazy,

"Where exactly is this DFD I hear about? I assume it means direct from disk."

It does mean "Direct From Disk" and it is not available in the present version of the player. It IS available if you use the full version of Kontakt. It may be added to the player in a future update. Relevant information will be posted at the appropriate time.

Tom

Go Back to forum