• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GS 3 ships this week!

Share/Bookmark

GS 3 ships this week!

I got a reply from Tascam by e-mail they say it ships "sometime this week! "
    I hope this is true.

Greetings Resident.

Re: GS 3 ships this week!

"Sometime this week" is no better than "sometime in April," "sometime in May," "sometime in June," "sometime in July," or "sometime in August." Why believe anything these liars say?

Talking Re: GS 3 ships this week!

I only hope, i will only believe them when they actually send the package. But i got an e-mail and it is clearly saying this week! A lot of people here are complaining that they do not even get a reply from Tascam. Now i got a reply from the sales team, and it looks prommising. If no true is in it well i wait for another year! Always look on the bright sight of l...................!@

Cool Re: GS 3 ships this week!

Here is the message!

GigaStudio 3 will be shipping sometime next week. You can pre-order by calling us at (323) 278-8584.

Thank You

Sales Department
    TEAC America
    7733 Telegraph Road
    Montebello, CA 90640
    Phone: 323-726-0303
    Fax: 323-727-7621

And yes ofcourse we can pre-order! How nice of them don't you think! I think the people from tascam are not too bad.

Greetings Resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    And yes ofcourse we can pre-order! How nice of them don't you think! I think the people from tascam are not too bad.

Greetings Resident.
    I have the greatest respect for the people that have developed the GigaSampler/GigaStudio software. But as for the company that has understaffed, underfunded and failed to accurately access the launch times of that development team, I do not have any reason feel good will towards their contribution to computer software yet. Letting people pre-order their product is in their best interest as well as the customers and should really be expected of the company. I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism but would personally advise you to temper it by applying some business sense.

Every company that sells a product or service is dependant on customers to make money. The easier they make it for people to spend money on their product, the higher the likliehood that people will actually buy their product. The better their relationship with the customer, the higher the chance that the customer will contribute to the company in the future (through word of mouth marketing or by buying future products). Thus, when a company does not do basic things to promote a better releationship with their consumers, such as making it possible to pre-order directly or through their retailers when they've heavily promoted their product for months, then they are shooting themselves in the foot and should be recognized for it. If Tascam were doing something revolutionary in terms of customer service, I would step up and herald their contribution. But I don't this qualifies.

Now don't get me wrong. The GS 3 included libraries look great, the software looks robust, etc. but I was reading the PR back in January and saw the product demoed at NAMM and it is now August with the likely arrival time of the software looking like anywhere from next week to next month. It was originally supposed to be April. That is what I was told in person by the staff at NAMM. They didn't give me qualifications and they didn't allude to any challanges that could present problems. Now, I know that people who get excited about their product can be overly optimistic so I padded by a month or two. That would have placed me in May or June with the ability to use the software on anywhere from 2/3 to all of my projects for the summer. The end of January to the end of April is 3 months. The end of January to the end of August is 7 months. That's over twice as long as I originally expected to wait and I don't feel that Tascam deserves any cheers for it.

Once again, like I said, my qualm is not with the development team who, by every indication, have done an excellent job. But the parent company has no one to blame for their users frusterations but themselves. I hope they really learn from this experience and improve the quality of their relationship to their customers in the future.

Given the tendencies and history of the software industry, accusing Tascam of purposely lying to its customers in this situation lacks logical basis, proof, and is slanderous.

It is EXTREMELY LIKELY that these delays were unforeseen - every software company runs into this. And not one of you people who has the audacity to outrightly call these people liars has a solid footing to stand on. There is a remote possibility that you are correct and these individuals are morally less than your equals. But there's a much greater chance that when pressured to give an estimated release date, they complied and just turned out to be wrong because of factors they hadn't anticipated. Remember when you throw words like "liars" around that you are speaking of individuals, not just corporations, that go home and take care of their families, make donations to charities, and open doors for people. This reminds me of the political hate speech we here all the time. I start to wonder if some of you work or support other companies and wish to damage Tascam.

For what sake you need to estimate the release time! Ok you can misjudge some unforseen problems. But no problems for 6 months! I think and i don't blame individuals you have to be more carefull with promising release dates! You can easiliy preorder the product "HALF YEAR AGO" and then waiting waiting waiting. And now again the SALES people say SOMETIME this week, but you can ofcourse preorder! In marketing terms speaking this is selling AIR! And too many people just like me are willing too believe these lies.

I have no purpose of damaging Tascam or the individual people. I only like the product concept of Nemesys Gigastudio. And am curious for the release of GS 3. But i don't like the way of selling air like the way Tascam is doing. No words but only deeds is the slogan of my homecity "Rotterdam Holland". That means if you promise something you make it work. No means by damaging whatsoever.

Greetings Wilfred.

I saw GS3 at NAB. The demo was impressive. In the lower part of the screen during the demo was a little CPU activity monitor showing performance. The monitor indicated a quite high CPU hit. Someone at the Tascam booth stated that this might be a hold up in getting GS3 to market. I think that ANY software company that is getting a much anticipated product to market has to make sure that the product is as good as it can be before release. Any software that is released without this testing and optimizing is shot down in the marketplace. Tascam can not afford to have negative reviews of GS3 after release because the competition is strong. If they delayed to work out all the problems before release, that is a good thing. IMHO.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast