• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: When will GS3 be released, for Christ's sake??

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down When will GS3 be released, for Christ's sake??

I have seen people promise in march, april, may, june, july, end of july, august 3rd, august 11th.

Today is august 13th and I haven't see nothing yet.

Could somebody provide us a definitely answer to this question??? Why does it appear to be so impossible?? I can't understand it, and I really try to.

Thanks.
    []'s, Fabrício Zuccherato
    Wormhole Studios

Re: When will GS3 be released, for Christ's sake??

God knows!

Tascam is truly and completely unprofessional.

October, you will be using it...Not inside info, just common sense.

giga...

> Could somebody provide us a definitely answer to this question

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if you're looking for a definitive answer to ANYTHING, you were born in the wrong universe.

As I mentioned in another post, US Tascam Sales is telling us that THEY will receive disks:
    - Wednesday, August 18th at the earliest
    - Monday, August 23rd at the latest

When they receive the disks, then they will be able to ship.

The problem with all of the earlier announcements were that these were estimates given while software development and testing were still going on. We were told in another post that Tascam's "Gold Disks" were delivered to replication recently. Given the actual "software product" is complete, I am confident that delivery WILL be very soon.

With distribution to countries outside of the US, I would assume you might have to add a few weeks to those dates.

I am convinced that Tascam WANTS to get this product out as soon as they can. I would expect you should be able to find out about non-US shipments after August 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    When they receive the disks...
    As a packaged product or do they still need to be boxed?

Other posts have mentioned that Tascam has all of the materials ready, just waiting on the disks.

I have specified my upgrade order to be shipped "next Day Air", so I will be posting as soon as I physically receive the package (I assume others will as well).

From my perspective the important point is that GS3 is real, and really will be here soon (sometime before the end of the month).

Thumbs up Re: When will GS3 be released, for Christ's sake??

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    As I mentioned in another post, US Tascam Sales is telling us that THEY will receive disks:
    - Wednesday, August 18th at the earliest
    - Monday, August 23rd at the latest

When they receive the disks, then they will be able to ship.
    Well, at least an explanation for the delay. Is this information right, can we really believe it?

If the product is done, it's okay. These delays happens, I can say that as I work in a software publisher and I understand. But I don't think it's the case of awaiting months since the first announcement.

Just hope the product will ship on date, now. I think there are no more excuses for it
    []'s, Fabrício Zuccherato
    Wormhole Studios

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

This information is correct, I assure you. The "gold" version of GigaStudio has been running at development and test sites for some time. It is quite stable, and certainly an amazing tool.

Just as well all know that banging a computer mouse on the desk does not increase the computers performance or magically resurrect it from a random blue screen of death, we should know that bitching and moaning on NorthernSounds does not increase the chance that Gigastudio 3 will come out any faster. Jeeze guys, isn't this topic tired already?

C'mon flame me, I asked for it.

Go Back to forum