• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: a short walk through the park... Jurassic, that is

Share/Bookmark

a short walk through the park... Jurassic, that is

I did this just for fun tonight, well last night, it's the last part of track 16 from Jurassic Park's soundtrack by none other than John Williams. My nephew was in Tucson Arizona, he was at my sister and brother in laws home (his parents duh) and his friend said "hey, let's go over to my uncles John's. So they did, it turns out his uncle is "THE" John Williams.
    This little ditty is pretty short, hey I arranged the ending.
    have fun!

Jurassic Park

Thumbs up Re: a short walk through the park... Jurassic, that is

I love the music to Geriatric Park. Oops, sorry that's the parody I wrote.
    Anywho, I must say you captured the feel and emotion quite nicely. Check me on one area though. At 0:50-51 it sounds as if there are two notes sounding a half step apart in the melody. It may be these cheap chincy speakers and all the noise happening out in the hall. Other than my ears possibly playing twicks on me, I love it. Going to play it again. You think you might embark on doing the full theme soon, huh? Can ya? Huh huh?
    Excellent, this is freaking good!!!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: a short walk through the park... Jurassic, that is

Never mind, I listened to it again when all got quieter in the halls. This place will take me someday.
    Getting back to Jurassic Park. You've accomplished quite a balance and soft texture with the instruments. Nice mix. Very nice indeed. Another thumbs up!
    Styxx

Re: a short walk through the park... Jurassic, that is

You're right Styxx, I heard that too and left it, it is one of the three french horn players not watching my directing, he was not playing in time with the others, a little sloppy playing I'd say, there's nothin' wrong with your ears
    thanks Styxx

Isn't anyone else going to listen to this? This is great!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I did this just for fun tonight, well last night, it's the last part of track 16 from Jurassic Park's soundtrack by none other than John Williams. My nephew was in Tuscon Arizona, I think that's how it's spelled, anyway, he was at my sister and brother in laws home (his parents duh) and his friend said "hey, let's go over to my uncles John's. So they did, it turns out his uncle is "THE" John Williams.
    This little ditty is pretty short, hey I arranged the ending.
    have fun!
    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDA...sic%20Park.MP3
    Silly me, and I thought Williams lived in England for the past decade (maybe the guitarist, John Williams?).

Nice rendition of an often overlooked Williams score. Good work!

My dad once played on a studio date with Williams father, Raymond Scott..the father of all this fangled 'lectronic stuff! Williams was a teen then, but there in the studio. He was Jonny Williams then....

Sounds nice!

Luca

thanks everybody, GPO is so fun!

Hi ... Pleased to meet you ..

I got an immediate feeling of warmth and acceptance when I listened to this.
    Overall timing was beautiful ... pacing and pausing

All the best

Glyn Powell

OT ..... John Williams .... OK ... I have always assumed that John Williams the guitarist was the same JW who is doing all this film music .... Am I mistaken?

I was mentioning him only a few hours ago to my girlfriend as the 'young guitarist I saw years ago at the Wigmore Hall and look where he is now'.

Originally posted by Zenda

I have always assumed that John Williams the guitarist was the same JW who is doing all this film music .... Am I mistaken?
    Yes, they are two different musicians. My father got them confused too. He told me he got a John Williams CD at the library, but when he played it, he knew it wasn't the same guy. Their music is very different, and in my opinion the guitarist . . . isn't that good. I am a big fan of the film composer, though. The name 'John Williams' is actually very common if you do an internet search or look through your phone book.

BTW, DPDAN, how did you find out it was "the" John Williams? It must have pretty neat! Hey, if you think about it, I am typing a message that will be read by somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows John Williams! How cool!

The MP3 is awesome, but too short! Years ago, when I was in middle school I think, I had to stay at home sick (faking it, probably) and I fell asleep watching Jurassic Park. Something strange happens when you're falling asleep and listening to music. It's in that state where you are not totally asleep, but not totally awake, and only halfway conscious, and for no reason you feel really good. It's hard to describe. But I was in that state when I was listening to this Jurassic Park music, and now, whenever I hear it, it reminds me of that sick day and feeling really good with no worries and no school. What a good feeling.

Oh, now I have to go find my Jurassic Park soundtrack and listen to it!

Thanks for sharing!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast